Open Challenge #7: Voting Closed

it is indeed and so are all the other tracks, been pretty hard to choose one
well done elekdronauts :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ll help make it easier.

Choose mine.

8 Likes

I finally had the time to listen to the rest of the entries and vote last night. For me, it was impossible to determine a winner as I do like every entry. They all bring something interesting (pure analog, stereo width, great short story, …). So, I had to do it randomly and @craig was the chosen one. Congratulations everyone! Great Challenge, great snippets.

3 Likes

My vote went to you last week, so let’s call it even :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw that. I didn’t know there was a reveal after voting, it was hilarious. Thanks @craig and @hallucigenia !

I have to say that the Binaural thing on the Super 6 brings a very pleasant Stereo Image to the sound and you can craft it to your taste.

3 Likes

That’s what interests me most about Super 6, and Matriarch with its stereo filter and delay.

1 Like

I know–that’s why I was arguing for some kind of runoff or ranked-choice voting: it was so hard to pick a “winner”! I had a list of at least 10 that I listened to over and over, but yes, that stereo width was what made my decision in the end…

1 Like

We should do a 1-minute drone challenge every month. Three weeks to submit your drone, one week to vote on your favourite. It could even make for an awesome Bandcamp compilation album at the end of each year.

8 Likes

UDO would be pleased to hear this.

Nice job. I thought with each drone being quite short it might feel a bit disjointed, but it was a fun listen actually.

1 Like

I think this a great idea. Running with it a little, maybe having themes chosen by the winner would lead to interesting and complementary submissions - for instance harmonic, discordant, or single instrument drones

2 Likes

Just paulstretch your favorite ones into an hour, or maybe ten!

4 Likes

Ta. 1 min tracks are definitely a challenge to mix, especially when quite a few of them cut out abruptly. Also made it unnecessarily hard by using timecode vinyl. Fun to do though, and at least no need to beatmatch.

2 Likes

Excellent drones everybody ! I enjoy playing several at once and using the volumes on the build in player to fade them in/out and mix them with eachother.

Makes me wish that these were all released as a mega drone sample pack :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Click on the three dots on the player, you can download the clips.

2 Likes

One more day to cast your vote. The winner will be announced Saturday and will get to host the next open challenge.

3 Likes

Vote cast. I went for @myrtorp in the end. Very much enjoyed the BOC MHTRTC style rising note trills in the background. Solid efforts all round.

3 Likes

The first voting round is closed, it’s a tie at the top and since the votes are so spread out with this many submissions, let’s do a round two, letting the top 4 drones go for a head-to-head drone battle.

I’ll make a new thread for this today.

The finalists are the top 4 out of 48 submissions: @LyingDalai @jefferymac @sid6581 @Fin25

So to be fair, the votes you got will stand, the votes of round two will be added.

Well done finalists! :boom:

3 Likes

(Damn, checking the votes I inadvertently picked @Microtribe. Sorry.)

I can setup the poll, if you’re ready @MarcD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please go to ‘Voting Round 2 - Finals’ to cast your final votes.