Open Challenge #16 - Pure Sounds and No FX – Has Ended!

Thanks! Neither of these are my entries.

They’re just two experiments I made to wrap my head around the project.

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Just bumping this one more time just for you to know it’s the final weekend before the final weekend.

Submit. Your. Stuff.

[please]

4 Likes

Model:Samples single cycle waves from the Factory Presets only.

Kick and Bass are “OS TRIFO1” from the OSC folder.
Hihat and Snare are “NS GRAINY” from the NOISE folder.
Leads are “OS SKEV” from the OSC folder.

Combination of all tricks (PLocks, Trigless, Live Tweaking)

Recorded straight form the box to the phone, no mastering/mixing.

Edit - P.S.: the lead that sounds like it has some reverb or delay has in fact no effects. It’s the result of tweaking the LFO rate on the square wave on pitch and the filter cutoff at the same time.

9 Likes

So I tried something as well. Because wavetables are not allowed, I done my entry on DSI Pro-2.
It is switched to paraphonic mode and I use the internal sequencer. The sequence is polymetrical - each oscillator has a sequence of different length.
Only sine and triangle shapes are used as a base source. Although the mono synth is split in four separate voices, whatever interaction in terms of FM and AM between oscillators stays…
As it was said “No FX”, I didn’t touch the delay, bitcrusher… I only used touch of (built in) overdrive and feedback loop which I don’t consider an FX, because it is part of the synth’s architecture.

(edit: wrong file)

8 Likes

Hello!
I hear beautiful things coming in here. Slowly but steady.
Just a few more days – really time to show some love to this challenge!

2 Likes

Hi, wanted to submit something cause, why not…! It is not often that I participate at this open challenges but I always tell myself tha I must to, so…

I used my new Subharmonicom coupled to the Quadrantid Swarm (didn’t used the reverb). Straight to Ableton to record and normalized mp3 export…

Hope it is in the spirit of the challenge!

10 Likes

a little ambient thing on the OPZ :slight_smile:

4 tracks ~ FM (EP, EP, Organ) and a Saw

8 Likes

Heres my tune.

Digitone, Nyx, and Erebus.
An open hi-hat sound that sounded okay irl sounds so fucking awful on mp3 that it made me spit on the floor when I heard it. It got left in. (i need to look into this. i can get better resolution (correct term?) but i leave it low for ease of uploading files. But, I digress…)
First take of this little gem.
No effects.
Unison on full blast on the DN for chorus-y sensations.

9 Likes

Wow, I love it!

2 Likes

Here’s mine, the Multioscillator Waltz.

—8 voices single-cycle waveforms on the Digitakt, all taken from the factory “toolbox” folder
—1 voice (dual oscillators) from the Monologue
—Analog drums (Kick, Snare, Closed Hat, Ride) from the Analog Rytm
—Also its SY RAW machine for the two bass voices that cut each other off during the coda

Every track set to 0 delay, 0 reverb, 0 overdrive, 0 bitcrush; compressors on the DT and AR set to 0. Dist on AR set to 0. Drive on Monologue set to 0. Recorded live in one take.

Also the first time I’ve ever used the DT and AR’s song mode in tandem.

6 Likes

This is my final final contribution.
Analog four plus Vermona Mono on deep bass duties. All synthesis only, no fx, no limiting, etc. Straight recording from A4s stereo/USB plus normalisation to -1db.

Just about two more days left for you to contribute something to the challenge!rocket

7 Likes

Cool stuff to hear around here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Counting 12 13 participants so far plus a few where I understand we’re waiting for an update.
Just about 30 hours to go.

And… for those who uploaded more than one mp3, can you please indicate clearly which is to considered your final entry to the challenge?

:pray:

2 Likes

Time’s up!

Thank you for all who showed some interest in Open Challenge #16 after quite a long break. I really enjoyed hosting the show very much. Thank you! :pray:

Now here’s again the consolidated list of entries. Voting poll following in a minute!

@Bitsnbobs

@Lemajik

@dreamer

@alechko

@Microtribe

@proskynesis

@sid6581

@Leonsarmiento

@QBass

@alejander

3 Likes

@Affectionate-Bee-781

@ViolentMeals

@KingDuppy

@B_LD

3 Likes

Voting time!

[Poll automatically closes on April, 14th 18:00 CEST]

Open Challenge #16 Pure Sounds and No FX
  • Bitsnobs
  • Lemajik
  • dreamer
  • alechko
  • Microtribe
  • proskynesis
  • sid6581
  • Leonsarmiento
  • QBass
  • alejander
  • Affectionate-Bee-781
  • ViolentMeals
  • KingDuppy
  • B_LD

0 voters

So we can just vote for one entry?

I know it’s tough. But these are the rules.
And the forum only has very rudimentary poll functionality afaik.

2 Likes

Indeed, that will be difficult to just choose one!