Open Battle #5 - A Human Touch

Sure, as long as you don’t quantize or chop and copy.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it would qualify as the sine wave click is on the grid and is the only drum haha but everything else was played live (the other melody too was me fooling around on the keyboard and I didn’t quantize the recording, I think, it’s a bit old though but I’m too lazy to do this kind of thing anyway)

4 Likes

Oohhhh the dancing! The hiaircut, taxidos, all is perfect!

I put this together over the weekend. It’s a Wavestate and FM8 recorded into Reaper. It was inspired by all the Juncos digging through the remains of this year’s garden. They’re funny little beasts.

2 Likes

About the sine wave, -3 points then on the final score :slight_smile:
Gotta be a bit strict about this as it is at the core of the challenge.
Lovely tune though, cheers for submitting.

2 Likes

fair enough :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Read this thread as “A Human Torch.” Potential idea to the winner - just spitballin… one must create a track by any means they desire while self-immolating.

1 Like

I heard Prince was pretty good at that.

2 Likes

Halloween improvisation ! :jack_o_lantern:

Challenging and interesting but I still prefer programing drums, quantized recordings / loops, quantized midi recording, synced fx, arp…otherwise I’d problably buy a multitrack tape recorder…:content:

Akai MPK Mini Play general midi sounds only (no midi), 6 tracks recorded with Octatrack (no fx).

1. Looped drum track (4 bars)
  2. Additional drums
  3. Fretless Bass
  4. Strings, manual filtering
  5. Voice Oh
  6. Music Box

Volume automation in a DAW (Samplitude), some reverb, compressor on master.

4 Likes

Why not. 5 live takes of overdub in Studio one as recorder. As it is Elektronauts 4 layers Digitone and 1 layer Digitakt for drum part “played” live with a 25 key midi keyboard. no sequencing or copy parts. 5 record takes on top of each other with different Heat settings. Was quitte fun to do actually.

5 Likes

Couple of days left before the extension :wink:

1 Like

Ok, let’s do one more week for submissions, need to wrap it up a little timely, so the winner has some time to organize the Christmas season challenge :boom:

New deadline, Sunday 21st of November.

1 Like

‘Unravelled’ by Rill.

Sax-my mate Bill.
Lyra and Octatrack-Me

(sequencer not running, manually triggering looped samples, fiddling with compressor, fx etc no sync on LFOs or Delays)
Recorded live, one take. Shite quality MP3 so it fits on the uploader.

10 Likes

Fantastic.

2 Likes

Machinedrum (gnd machines) improvisation played live thru Analog Heat (High Gain). Droney melodic ambient.

7 Likes

Excellent !

1 Like

Here is my contribution. Meditative groove, playing synthy-percussive samples on the RYTM II (live played 4 bar loop), bass & guitar noodles, some OB6 & Odyssey and an unhealthy abuse of my newly acquired Collision Devices Black Hole Symmetry pedal.

8 Likes

I had one of them for a while.

Great isn’t it.

Nice track too.

1 Like

Cheers! And yes, it really is a very good pedal. Love all the individual effects, nicely tuned, very dark though, a good thing.

Last call, submissions are open until this Sunday.

1 Like