Open Battle #4 - Voting and stuff

Here’s all the tracks, voting is open to all forum members (and yes, you can vote for yourself).

Give us your top 3 in order of favorite to less favourite and I’ll do some maths and tell you once I’m the winner.

@sezare56

@Microtribe

@dtr

@PineappleDave

@Sherelle

@Affectionate-Bee-781

@bwo

1 Like

@knobgoblin

@korpinen

@Fin25

@LyingDalai

@MarcD

@HoldMyBeer

@ViolentMeals

@dcsux

I’ve done my best to embed all of them, but some are just hotlinks to original posts due to various issues I’m not competent enough to understand. EDIT: @LyingDalai, you legend.

Let’s say midnight Friday for closing the vote, again open to all forum members, top 3 in order.

2 Likes

Hmmm, tough one. I’ll go:

1. @MarcD
  2. @Sherelle
  3. @sezare56 (second entry)

Well done, everyone!

6 Likes

Fixed.
Mostly private SC links, and otherwise just make sure there is no space right before the link :wink:

Here is the Elektronauts Radio playlist: send me your public SC track if you want yours in!

5 Likes

1 - @bwo
2 - @Affectionate-Bee-781
3 - @LyingDalai

Finding a 2nd and 3rd was really difficult for me to choose. I would probably have put them on a shared 2nd together with @knobgoblin - ‘FrmLsA’ and @ViolentMeals, if rules had allowed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

without reverb, the only thing I could post is silence and it would certainly sound bad so great job everyone!

1. @MarcD
  2. @Fin25
  3. @Sherelle

@korpinen, @sezare56, @Affectionate-Bee-781,@LyingDalai were high on the list, it was hard to make up my mind.

7 Likes

1- @Microtribe
2- @Affectionate-Bee-781
3- @MarcD

Great submissions every one! Congrats!!

3 Likes

1 - @LyingDalai
2 - @MarcD
3 - @Fin25

Tough choice–great entries, all! Embarrassed I didn’t get my shit together to post something.

4 Likes

1 @ViolentMeals
2 @dtr
3 @knobgoblin 2nd track

2 Likes

1 @dtr
2 @Fin25
3 @ViolentMeals

2 Likes

1 @korpinen
2 @Fin25
3 @Affectionate-Bee-781

Enjoyed listening to the entries, lots of cool stuff, cheers all.

4 Likes
  1. @dtr
  2. @ViolentMeals
  3. @Sherelle
2 Likes
  1. @MarcD
  2. @HoldMyBeer
  3. @Fin25

Honorable mentions to @korpinen & @Sherelle

Enjoyed listening to all of these and the prompt (really made me realize I can use less reverb on everything)! Appreciate this community :heart:

6 Likes

Use noisy enough samples and synths and you wont even be able to hear a reverb over the hiss :sweat_smile:

1 @dtr
2 @Microtribe
3 @Fin25

1 Like

Sorry, been well busy all weekend.

Here’s the top 3.

1. @MarcD (12 points)
  2. @dtr (11 points)
  3. @Fin25 (9 points)

Points were awarded as follows:

3 points for each first preference vote.
2 points for each second preference vote.
1 point for each third preference vote.

Congratulations @MarcD, a worthy champion!

Now it’s your turn to come up with a battle.

Best of luck.

7 Likes

Wow, thanks everyone, appreciate the support and votes!
And cheers to @Fin25 for the awesome challenge!
It was loads of fun to participate and hearing all the great entries :heart:
No reverb was a good additional exercise that certainly made me realize some past mistakes and new possibilities.

I will come up with a new challenge soon, will need some time to figure out what has been proposed in the recent past, so hopefully I can come up with something original for the next one.

Cheers all!

7 Likes