Open Battle #01: “soundtrack // transmission”

It doesn’t need to be coherent.
We’ll pick one creation in the end, and everyone will make their own choice based on their own sensitivity.

Lessons learn for next battles, anyway: a shorter brief! :man_facepalming:t4:
With a history of 72 battles on op-forums.com, the users there are kind of prepared to such long posts ^^

1 Like

So can we just make a track inspired by a video? I’d be down with trying to coming with something like that!

(PS: I like the battle/project idea and love that it can be made with any gear).

Try to follow the video as much as possible, so that it might be possible to glue them together at some point :wink:
But if it’s too hard a task, nevermind.

1 Like

Deadline extended to March “Pi day” 14th!

Please don’t let me down and create your soundtrack, even by your own rules!

My tips:

• go for the weirdest sounds you can achieve on a piece of gear.
  • did you know that you could drop your video file in Ableton, as a track? it is very handy for anyone that needs to synchronize very precisely the sound.

I remind yuo that only the sound is important. You needn’t bother assembling it to the video.
But if you do it the right length, I can do it for you :tongue:

2 Likes

i just saw this one, i should probably check the mission briefs section more often :thinking: … only a couple of weeks left before the deadline, mm…might give it a try but not sure i’ll be able to get something ready by then

2 Likes

Please, do: it’d be an honor :slight_smile:

1 Like

looking for a short video to use, hopefully i will find something. it’s a pleasure for me @LyingDalai :smiley_cat:

1 Like

here’s my take on this one:

i used only the A4 and Reaper to arrange the sounds+video.
hope you’ll like it :smiley:

edit: no video preview from yt…
edit2: preview working now :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@guga Great! And inspiring!..I recently worked on a drone with Typhon and I want to go further…

Little suggestions, personal point of view : some slow zoom in for cat’s eye (or a more constant sound?). I really the audio cuts before cat’s eye. I’d expected more cuts after, more drastic audio changes between different video sequences!

…thought i would just add a bit more to this in terms of process:
all the sounds come from the A4, the sequencer hasn’t been used but rahter a MIDI keyboard. sampled the sounds whilst playing with the keyboard and then arranged them within reaper which i also used for levels adjustment and to reverse a sample, nothing more than that

thanks @sezare56, glad you enjoyed it and i do appreciate your suggestions
i think this one was probably one of the quickest tracks i’ve ever done? :thinking:
it basically took two days, first day i assembled the video…next one made the audio track, i didn’t want to spend much time on it as it’s something i’ve started to do generally production-wise, so yeah…i was pretty happy with what came out and didn’t really try anything else although there’s still some time left, initially i wasn’t sure i would have managed to have something ready by the deadline :smile_cat:

1 Like

Loved every second !! The cats eye and the sound happening during that sequence really drew me in :smiling_imp:

excellent work !

1 Like

thaanks @ON-OFF-ON

…it did that to me too :smile_cat:

had that feeling there was something missing…
here is the sound used in the video

2 Likes

Sorry @LyingDalai, couldn’t make something.
Maybe this month…

Here’s my contribution. I began this track in FL Studio, so I completed it there. Didn’t have time (or the patience :grinning:) to try to program it into one of my Elektron boxes. I did the best I could with editing the video.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

Thanks.

Does anyone need a last extension, or shall we close this battle?

If no one answers before tomorrow, I’ll launch the votes :slight_smile:

Did you miss my previous post?