OP-1 or RYTM

thank you all for your input.

for me it wasnt a question of what the machines are able to do (as i’m convinced that they are both very special in different categories). much more my problem was the following: having saved up money for a RYTM and got it till 700. then the offer appeared – 648 for an new op-1. of course i didnt consider to get an op-1 for full-price, but now i found it interesting (otherwise i wouldnt have checked prices and found out about the amazon glitch).

the unit will be here on wednesday and for now i made the decision to keep it instead of cancel or returning the order. having a mobile synthesizer next to my octatrack seems like a good decision and the value of the op-1 shouldnt be used up in the next time.

so thank you all – starting to save up for a RYTM right now!

(thread can be closed)

Good move @nui.
Give the OP-1 a chance, it’s different but in the same time very capable.
Key aspect for taking pleasure discovering it is forgetting what you know about synthesis and use it for what it does.
Bring it everywhere, forget the limitations / look for hacks, have fun…

Can’t recommend enough to pay a visit to operator-1.com delicious community.
Ask any question, participate in the battles, browse it, etc. => you’ll discover new aspects in your instrument.

To pair it with other gear, it’s good to have a USB host : computer if you’re not annoyed at it, or better a standalone USB hub such as iConnect MIO2 / MIO4 for instance.

1 Like