OP-1 field

Idk. It has a lot more going on than each of those on their respective merits. And can fit in a satchel.

Thats kind of the point for a lot of people.

In any case, Bon Iver proved how viable an OP1 could be professionally.

3 Likes

I wish I had more money. :confused:

8 Likes

Oh yeah, missed that.

Loved my OP-1ā€¦ thought I was going to be hyped for this, but after reading through all the new features. and seeing the priceā€¦ Not really interested. Wish it had velocity-sensitive keys and more tracks or something. To me this looks way more like a super charged OP-1 and less like an evolution?

Glad I sold my OP-1 before the used market tanks :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

That green screw-in stand for the 3 OP-1s is still mint :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well isnā€™t that what evolution is. An evolved thing from another thing?

2 Likes

You want me to throw you a lifeline and pull you back before you drop 2k? :joy:

Or 2.5k if you get the bag too :joy:

5 Likes

Sylvan Esso also used it extensively.

But you know, people make listenable music banging aluminium pans :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That LoFi sound is what will make og be sought after when discontinued :slight_smile:

Good idea to wait, early adopter of TE gear is not wise IME.

5 Likes

Iā€™m good

6 Likes

If you bang two aluminium pans one with the other, it will be stereoā€¦

2 Likes

I guess I just expect a bit more when that word is thrown around - certainly its an upgrade, but looking through that giant list of new features and there wasnā€™t a single one that made me say ā€œwow I really want thisā€

Iā€™m sure its a great device, and if youā€™re already a big OP-1 user its certainly exciting! I sold my OP-1 after getting an M8 and from what iā€™ve seen so far, thereā€™s nothing here for me that would change that decision, especially given the price tag.

1 Like

Absolutely :hugs:

2k???

Crazy- this is stuff for rich kids

2 Likes

This album is lovely.
Any additional FX on top? Or has OP-1F such a decent reverb?

OK, Iā€™m super excited now.

yeah i get thatā€¦ i think you have to try one out to really come to appreciate the differences between the two OG and Fieldā€¦

I wont lie, if I could afford it I would buy it.

1 Like

all OP-1 no additional FXā€¦ the Reverb is the internal Mother reverb
using the vintage tape to get that nice saturation.

recorded every song on the OP-1 Album as performances and transfered it to my phone for some mastering (really just normalizing the audio as it was quiet low)

3 Likes

Ā£249 for a leather wrap that leaves the encoders and power switch exposed! :rofl:

5 Likes

Way to cheap! I donā€™t buy anything without a solid golden housing and diamond plated knobs. :sweat_smile: