Only on Boundaries!

Hi guys!

The title says what I found, for the first time, while editing a Recording File.
While editing it, I selected a small portion of about half a second and asked OT to delete that selection…well, it answered me: ONLY ON BOUNDARIES!

After some trials I found that it let me cut/delete portion of the file only if at least one of the start/end cursor is on the actual start or end of the file.

What a shame…

I can actually use the Duplicate Selection > command to “substitute” that unwanted portion…but it would be better to have a proper cut function.

1 Like

Yeah, shame. Page 101 of the manual :

DELETE SELECTION can only be used in the beginning or at the end of a sample. The
audio within the selection will be deleted.

Wonder if you could mess with “ROTATE POS TO START” perform the delete, and then rotate again?

4 Likes

Missed that info…at least I never managed to use this editing facilities in the OT.
Your workaround, though, I find it really clever ! I think it can be a fine solution…
at least for my needing right now.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Haven’t tried it, but hope it works for you :elot:

Very old thread, but in case it comes up for someone else, dustomtes’ workaround totally works! I was even able to create fades (though not a crossfade) to blend the two remaining segments a little better when I put them back in place. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah I do rotate to start, edit, and back again but only if I’m desperate! Usually easier to set things up for resampling into another buffer

2 Likes