Only Octatrack support Timestretch for loops?

Thank you for your reply. I’m a bit frustrated with Elektron. I bought a Rytm MKll and was sure it was a real sampler. But it only supports one shots. I need a simple function - to add voice loops to my compositions. And for that I don’t want to buy Octatrack. I’m thinking about Digitakt, but it doesn’t support sample timestretch.

In general, Elektron does not have an ultimate grooveboox solution. How did Maschine Plus for example.

But I really liked Model:Cycles. This would be ideal. If only it had more tracks, sample support and time stretching.

It does, since the recent update that added “machines”.

1 Like

8 voice analogue drum computer and sampler.
No mention of timestretch function in its feature set. Pretty sure there never has been,

2 Likes

You are sure? There is no word in the manual “Timestretch”

I already understood it. It was a quick impulse buy. And I thought that anything called a sampler was capable of working with loops, not just with one shots )))

Its called warp on the digitakt

2 Likes

You might also enjoy this thread

Search engines are friends.

5 Likes

Thank you for helping me to figure it out. I think it’s worth buying digitakt and trying. Now my setup looks like this. But I’m tired of Maschine Plus. I want to build everything on Elektron.

2 Likes

yea digitakt is great for loops now. it’s a pseudo-timestretch. old school vibes. real fast workflow. lovely stuff.

2 Likes

Possibly.
I ascribe to try before you buy. Which makes things difficult depending on where you live.

You may not like the digitakt warp algorithm. Just as I dont like the octatrack timestretch algorithm, so I rarely use it, if ever. Timestretch is always OFF in my octatrack projects.

Theres also Roland SP404 which I have not tried, and Koala sampler app, which is exceptional, if you like apps on ios.

3 Likes

It sounds reasonable. I received an exhaustive answer to my question. Thank you, friend. Because you spent your time and helped me. :pray:

5 Likes

Same here. I just record things at the speed I’m going to play them at. If I wanted to do proper timestretching, I would load it into Bitwig.

This may be what your looking for tho.

2 Likes

@kaustik did a great video that might help you

2 Likes

I’ve used this technique a couple of times. It works, but of course is way more cumbersome than it should be. Rytm deserves the Warp machine too!

Here are some notes I made based on the video:

1. Open SMPL menu on the right, have looped sample open

2. Have a trig 1, hold trig 1, arrow up for retrigger menu, arrow up again to enable retrig
    2a. Set rate to 1/32; set Len (encoder D) to 16 (16 steps)

3. Go trig, velocity (enc B) set to max 127. Go to retrig menu again, now has velocity ramp option (enc H) set to -128 (minimum)

4. Go to sound menu (Func+Mute) then Sound Settings, Parameter Velocity to Vol -> set to Off

5. Underneath is Velocity Mod, open that menu, image shows this on the left.
    5a. Note: Velocity cannot be 0, sample start happens at 1. This requires negative modulation.
    5b. Set first parameter (enc A) to SAMP START (sample start) and set value underneath (enc E) to -120

6. Exit menu and go to SMPL page again and set start parameter (Enc E) to 119
    6a. Bonus: also set end of sample to 120 in velocity mod setup (tiny bits of samples). Turn on loop (Enc G) in SMPL menu, and increase retrig from to 1/80 -> robotic effect
    6b. Tip: for 16 (instead of 4) bar samples: You just need to change the velocity ramp accordingly. Instead of setting the ramp to -127 you set it to -32 and set the base velocity of the trigger to 32 as well. You might need to fiddle around with the settings a bit but it should work!

2 Likes

And four wheels…

2 Likes

Absolutely! :pray:

3 Likes

For anyone reading this thread who hasn’t done so already - you can mail feature-request@elektron.se to suggest Warp machine for Rytm (or anything else you find important). If they hear it from enough people, who knows…

2 Likes

We all understand that Elektron can do it. It’s just not economically viable. Marketing is built on the fact that users buy different tools )))

I think anything called Sampler deserves Warp machine ))))

Thanks for the instruction. But we understand that this is all dancing with a tambourine and working through the ass.