OneSynthChallenge - Make a track using only one synth and post it here

IIRC i sequenced it with the Arturia Keystep and used
the polyphony to make it sound like more Tracks.
The SH01a PWM is insane! Very buzzy’n’meaty. Me Like!

1 Like

I did this one yesterday afternoon. Wasn’t terribly motivated this weekend but then I saw this thread and decided to give it a go. I sampled 8 sounds from my Moog Subphatty to my Digitakt. Then used the DT sequencer and FX and came up with a bit of an acidy type jam thing

2 Likes

Doh! Forgot all about this thread! Some great creativity here. I’ve got right into this way of working lately. Great to just grab one synth and really explore it. I’ve done a few of these tracks the last few weeks but posted them in other threads. My bad. It’s not doing my OCD and good :see_no_evil:

Note to self - post here next time.

Note to everyone else - keep up the good work.

Personally I think as long as you’re not spamming all over, I think it would be Ok to post them in here, too.

Here’s one I made ages ago that I’m surpised I didn’t add in this thread at the time – a cover of the Stranger Things theme with just a Moog Grandmother (and some Valhalla Vintage Verb):

6 Likes

Cool. Your Grandmother sounds great! :wink::grin:

1 Like

Bit of a ditty on the Korg Z1. All sounds from the same.

2 Likes

Fantastic. I had (and loved) a Prophecy, but always wanted a Z1.

1 Like

I’ve had the chance to get a prophecy a few times but back then I had and used the MS2000. I’ve read they’ve a bite different to the Z1 so maybe I’ll pick one up at some point.

Thanks BTW Scot! :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

This cover is really great! You really captured the ‘sound’ of the original.

I made this track using just a Korg Volca Keys. I multi-tracked the synth parts and sampled the drum sounds which I sequenced in my DAW.

2 Likes

Thanks! Listening back to it now there are a couple of things I might have done differently, but it was a fun exercise and I think the GM definitely has the right retro vibe for that cover :slight_smile:

NIce! Just shows how versatile the little Volca Keys can be.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, it’s a surprisingly capable synth. Especially once you start adding effects.

Beautiful.

1 Like

Micromoog for all sounds in this one :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Roland SH-5:

5 Likes

Toraiz AS-1 only:

4 Likes

Serge Animoo.

5 Likes

Another Serge!
I approve of these Serge tracks I keep finding on here. One day I might just get/build my own Serge system.

1 Like

Toraiz AS-1 again. 4 tracks. Send through Eventide Blackhole.

4 Likes

My first time out with the Behringer Monopoly.