One week with Modular

I recently got an ipad for work:
Heres a few rough jams I made with Mirack. Already own an ipad, and felt like dipping toes into the modular world, interesting stuff. Rough recordings-

8 Likes

iPad and modular…

I’m getting you some succulents for Christmas.

Some nice stuff though.

3 Likes

Im already saving up for an overspecced lighting rig and posh camera set up so I can use that hihend preamp for thumbnail wanking.

4 Likes

Good lad.

Nice sounding examples. Despite the early controversy surrounding MiRack I think it is a greatly underrated app - especially in terms of how it sounds - there seems to be a fluidity and smoothness to the sound that it produces from an iPad that surpases what I hear listening to VCV2 on MacOs. Also makes a hugely formidible partnership running inside Drambo. So much of MiRack can be automated using Drambo. This gives rise to a seamless hybrid Elektron/Modular environment for a very small fiscal investment.

Thanks for listening.
Interesting. I know nothing about VCV rack, or macs in general.

Sounds very nice.

I also recommend you take a look at Drambo. Elektron-like sequencer, and modular-like in how you can hook things up.

1 Like

Or just play with mirack for a while. Don’t loose focus like Elektron. :grin:

My cat was very interested in these sounds for whatever reason.

1 Like

Mi(ow)rack

3 Likes

This is excellent. My particular favourites on first listen are 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. There’s an almost Autechre vibe in places, either rhythmically or tonally or both – to my ears at least. Would you recommend this software to people wanting to try out modules from Mutable etc before buying the real world items?

1 Like

Wow thats huge praise, thanks!

Recommend? Absolutely! You can try them out for free on VCV if you have a computer, so thats a no brainer.

I’m probably never going to buy the real thing. Cant afford it! Plus my system looks like this…

1 Like

*Downloads VCV Rack. Thanks!

1 Like

The main thing I wanted to do was:

Not use sequencers.
Not use familiar oscillators (so no subtractive vco vcf stuff)
Keep the voice count down.
Not use samples.

You can basically build any system you want.

2 Likes

sees 4 sequencers, 3 extremely popular oscillators, and 7 voices

No samples… check.

:face_with_monocle::joy:

Ok smartypants, no step sequencers (where are you seeing sequencers anyway? The random voltage samplers are not sequencers, at least not from my reading of the manual. )
None of the modules are familiar to me. Dont care about what is popular.
Could be more voices if you use the LFOs as a voice right?

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sorry, just amusing myself

Well, one could say they generate sequences, they are only continuously random if you want them to be

1 Like

Or the other way round.

Or can use them as complex LFOs which has been my latest use. Not even touching the gate side.

1 Like

Totally, I was just being a jerk on purpose :japanese_ogre: