One pattern to play on all four tracks?

Hi there,

is it possible to have my sequence on tr.1 ‘control’ sequences on tracks 2-4 at the same time? That would be very useful in my opinion. I want four different sounds but all play the same notes. I know I could program and copy/paste to all tracks, but I wanna change my ‘master sequence’ on the flay and have the other tracks do the same… possible?

Thanks,
L.

Go into Poly Mode, enable all four voices and check ‘Use Track Sounds’

3 Likes

Oh thanks, I will try that tomorrow for sure! Not in my studio right now…

1 Like

With Unison poly setting ?

2 Likes

Good point.

2 Likes

Thanks, it works fine!

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that! I bet it sounded awesome. Especially in the perf 2nd page and fading up each layer gradually.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s what I’m into now. I don’t wanna do full compositions with four individual tracks anylonger, but blend these four tracks using different settings, pan, lfo’s etc together. NOW it sounds like a complex modular kind of thing. Amazing!

5 Likes

Thank you for making me excited. These last 4 hours of work are going to DRAG!

From an external device (Octatrack?) you can also play the 4 tracks if you set them on the same midi channel.
That way you can also have 2 dual tracks.

1 Like

also a good idea! Right now I prefer this four track unisono in the A4, I call it beast mode! haha! One can get such wonderful and complex sounds this way. Only thing that’s missing for me right now would be individual verb and delay fx for each channel :slight_smile: I guess it was the Roland System700 that had individual delay for each oscillator :wink:
But even this way I’m getting very close soundwise…

2 Likes

Yeah I use it to create super drones. One chord, 4 track sounds, each one with its own LFOs/envelopes etc. Monolithic.

3 Likes

Works well with percussive sounds too.
I was working on Perf Macros common to all tracks so it was easy to test Unison + 4 track sounds and have fun instantly. :slight_smile:
Trig Mute, Accent, Note Slide, P Slide seems to work too for all tracks.

2 Likes

Its disturbing to think of all the possibilities this approach gives for “using the A4 as a layered monosynth” :diddly:

2 Likes

It is!
Every track can have it’s own envelopes for instance :slight_smile: while still doing somehow the same thing as tr.1… It’s MASSIVE!!!

1 Like

Back when I worked ITB, I often used to duplicate the same MIDI data to several VSTs in order to do the same thing, works great for textural stuff indeed!

1 Like

Yeah, of course we all did that with midi (copying regions or stuff to different vst’s etc). But with this little beast I get some very different on convincing results. The restriction to one musical pattern spread out to four voices is mindblowing to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love that idea. That’s creativity, right there

1 Like

“Use track sounds” is truly wonderful.
This is where performance mode shines.
I prefer making performance macros that invert values of one sound while promoting another. This is great for morphing.

For instance, Performance A adds filter envelope amount of Track 1 while reducing filter envelope amount of Track 2.
Or Performance B brings Reverb send up on Track 2 while reducing on all others.
Adding decay to one while reducing the others… etc.
Adding delay send + chorus for one while reducing on all the others and also changing delay timing and frequency filtering (do one performance assignment like this for each track and it is close to having individual delay for each track, but you only get one at a time.)

And on Analog Keys, using the joystick assignments in this way is a ton of fun.
Complex modular-esque beast mode, indeed.

No other synth is fun in this way.

7 Likes

and don’t forget you have an FX track to lay parameter locks in to change FX settings in, and that can be muted and activated on the fly!
Really turns that track into an FX Layer.

1 Like