One of my tracks (T6) won't ever arm one shot rec trigs

Hi
I’ve been following this tutorial Octatrack Tutorial Video: Mixer, FX Box, External Remixer! - YouTube. I’ve tried 3 times now, each time in a new project, and I always get this weird outcome…I might have to film it, but in words.

I set up T5, T6, T7 identically except that the SRC for each is different (t2 for t5, t4 for t6, t8 (master) for t7).

I create a one shot record trig on each track, and I disarm it. Then I hit {TRACK}+[YES] to arm the trig. On T5 and T7 OT says “Arm Rec Track”, on T6 it always says “Disarm Rec Track”.

Always. Even if the track were already disarmed. If I hit T6 + YES I always get “Disarm Rec Track”

I can’t figure out how to start trouble shooting it…

Any ideas?

Cheers
Russell

EDIT: I just noticed that for track 6 (the bad one) that the bar under the recording 1 setup panel is a different sort of hashed out, rather than solid bar of t5 and t7…what does it mean?

EDIT: If I set it up so T1 records T6 and T2 records T7 it is fine. So just something weird about T6. Going to try yet another way (T1 thru, T2 neighbour, T3 records them, T5 thru, T6 neighbour, T7 records them. T4 records T8.)

EDIT: Yup, If i set it up as above (so that T6 doesn’t have to record) everything works. I will have to make a video for elektron support, cos this is too weird.

This is a known issue, discussed here recently: TRK+YES doesn’t work on track 6 (it doesn’t rec-arms the track) - #17 by Supercolor_T-120

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much. I need to get better at searching the right terms.