One finger pattern changes on A4/Rytm?

Is there a way with elektron A4/Rytm to do one finger pattern changes?
I’d like to be able to start a looper at the same time as I start “playing” patterns using direct mode and I don’t have enough hands. So is there a way to toggle on pattern change mode rather than have to hold down the bank button?

I ‘think’ you can assign patterns to the keys on A4/AK IIRC? Might be bad info tho…Something I haven’t got round to checking out. And not sure if for you that would interfere with how you wanna use the A4.

I’m not being facetious here: a paperweight does the trick when you want to pattern mash like this.

2 Likes

I’m not being facetious here: a paperweight does the trick when you want to pattern mash like this.

pragmatic solution :smile:

Can the bank change button be “pressed” via midi using a foot controller?

I see midi control messages for changing the range of midi notes used for selecting patterns but that seems to imply external control of the pattern change itself. I’d rather not use another controller if I have 16 perfectly good buttons there already.

check out the fourth split type in Loopop’s video: https://youtu.be/ibGJDFwtwTc

1 Like

Toothpick!

There is also Multi Map, that let you assign Patterns to notes. You should be able to load assigned patterns with the mini keyboard and have access to 12 patterns. Change octaves to have access to more patterns…

Edit, I just saw above video was talking about Multi Map. Not sure if it mentions you can use Multi Map with A4 only.

I think you can quickly hit the bank button then the desired pattern, and you can do that one-handed