One finger mute

I just bought this nice device, but one finger mute missing was HUGE downer.

Need of modifier key for mute is unbearable situation!

Simple test for simulating live situation: Try to mute or unmute all the channels at once, but with only one hand!

Pressing 6 pads with 5 fingers is already hard, but 7… That is TOO WAY MUCH! No-one has 7 fingers! 6 fingers is rare, but possible, so 6 pads is ok!

Luckily this should be really easy to implement.

Best way would be to have possibility to mute from pads and trig keys individually enabled/disabled.

Trig keys mute like in MonoMachine and A4/AK-37 with possibility select play or mute for pads.

1 Like

…BUT u can actually play the tracks and their mute behaviour!
hit a pad…and aslong u keep ur finger on it, it won’t be triggered again…
so u hear one last “played” sound from that track…but aslong u hold it…it won’t play again…until u release ur finger again…
really great for performing…

2 Likes

Adding onto what @reeloy said, if you p-lock the volume of each step in your sequence to whatever, then turn the whole track volume down to zero, hitting (and holding) a pad will mute that track for as long as the pad’s held down - plus it won’t trigger the track on the initial hit. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

FUNC + Settings for a moment and voila!

Display will say about rename pattern, but that can be exited just by pressing back.

This should be documented not “hidden” feature.

That is the hack, yes. But it only works on a pattern that hasn’t been saved yet.

Unless you’ve discovered something else that makes it work for a saved pattern ?

My solution for this has been muting and controlling track levels from a midi controller.

1 Like

Works with saved patterns totally normally!

That’s really interesting. The guy in the video says it doesn’t work with saved patterns with his Samples, and I can’t get it to work with saved patterns on my Cycles.

I wonder if you and the guy in the video (@ALBER) have different firmware revisions ?