Omhu - live performance

Hi.

I would like to present to you live performance of my band Omhu.

We recently released our debut album and this YouTube video is a live version of one of the songs from the album.

Obviously it’s a chance for me to present our music to the wider audience, but also I wouldn’t post it if I didn’t think the community might benefit from it as well. Maybe this inspire some of you or you’ll find some tips for live performing.

The core of the setup are two MPC’s and the Digitone as a drum machine. Nothing is synced, we just play everything to the Digitone’s beat.

We chopped up album stems to the MPC’s and played it live. There’s also some live guitar playing and singing.

There are few moments from the video worth mentioning I think, from the „playing live with the machines” point of view. For instance, how you can take advantage of MPC’s touchscreen and kind of improvise with your sample. Also there’s a moment (at 3:43) when a sample comes to early, just before the kick, and in this case Elektron’s slow down/speed up tempo from the Digitone came in handy.

Also I think vocal processing is really interesting and might get you some idea for your live performance.

Hope you’ll enjoy the video, and if you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer.

Enjoy the music!

Pat (Omhu).

2 Likes