OMG, ist that true? No BPM control?

I sold the RYTM. This was too much of a workflow killer for me personally.

i am not looking for the answer i am complaining. i can work around, if i use other gear, but its stupid, i would have to drag it around you get it? and what is wrong with you tsutek ? “professional”? wtf? really other dimension

i did not call it anything. if i have to call it something i call it stupidly limiting . i am not getting in to reasons why they did it, but they should fix it.

yeah its pucked up

What, you’re resorting to personals now? I was just saying in general how I feel about this issue. I have no beef with you, just do not understand why people go pissing on the machine as a whole because of some missing features. I’ve never encountered a “perfect” machine, everything has limitations.

I am also growing a little tired of reading people panic over “burnt lcd” and how super inconvenient it is not to be able to finetune sample starts etcetera. Often I feel like people like to panic about things that are not really as grave as they make them out to be. So that might show here a lil bit - but I still stand by my opinion.

If this bothers that much, one can always build an arduino midi clock that responds to pgm changes from the rytm. Hardly a showstopper.

But rest assured, I will not participate to this thread from now on.

1 Like

it is hard to talk with some person impersonally. and i am not “pissing” on anything or looking for an answer, or work arounds, and i am not certainly going diy to do there job, and i dont “like to panic” but i do like to complain!
and even if they fix it there would be plenty other shortcomings, don’t worry about that…

this is puck up, ELEKTRON you should fix it.

There, not that hard to understand.

and neither are these
so tone it down, please
focus on solutions
you’ve made your point, we get it, do you think this is ‘news’ … read between the lines

5 Likes

no, no, i was hopping ELEKTRON will read it not you. but i am happy you get it.btw i have a solution : they fix it in the next os update? what do you think?

it is not news for you ( or ELEKRON ), but it was for me! and unpleasant one

AND maybe it will be news for some other gusy thinking of buying this sequencer boxes. so basically i am doing charity work here haha

It doesn’t matter what I think, I have never needed this anyway … but I can see why it is advantageous the way it is and I can see that the most important ‘missing feature’ has been this way forever … i.e. the writing is on the wall, this is the way they like it … even with an advocate of this to be changed amongst their ranks it has shown no sign of changing

do the research
make the best of what you have
Elektron know, people comment on this all the time, however, perhaps now you have told them they ‘must fix it’ I think it’ll surely be a done deal :zonked:

anyway, don’t hold your breath, in the meantime, play nice on the forum … articulate your disappointment constructively and without stirring it up with others

2 Likes

no i thought what do you think about my solution?

ill shut up now. you just made it clear to me : “perhaps now you have told them they ‘must fix it’ I think it’ll surely be a done deal :zonked:”

I know they don’t care about me or other customers, but i DO care about myself and others, its healthy, try it some times.

who ever is think about investing time in this machines, read the line above and think good trough.

This doesn’t seem like a plausible deduction to me, really somewhat of an emotive response to it not being to your preference , but hey, if you want to get an official response it’s best to ask support if you think that will help … note ‘ask’, i.e. best not to say ‘stupid’, you ‘should’, ‘it’s pucked up’ or to articulate your ‘complaint’ in such a way that you get nowhere by undermining your very own point

Let’s just agree that BPM stored with a pattern was not somehow forgotten about originally or never subsequently raised (frequently) as an issue in all these years of their sequencers … it’s a thing, it’s still a thing, maybe there’s a reason for that, it’s not because somebody hadn’t been remonstrating about it that it hadn’t happened

4 Likes

Raise a support ticket with elektron if you want direct dialogue with elektron.

2 Likes

[quote=“OHEXOH, post:2, topic:9669, full:true”]
Yeah, it’s global and not per pattern. Considering that this has been the Elektron way for all their machines, I don’t see this changing in an update.[/quote]

The MD and MnM have BPM per line in song mode.

2 Likes

ok thanks!

1 Like

you are right, but i dont have time for this anymore, i think ill just go on make music with other stuff i have and sell my a4

1 Like

Maybe I am missing something but do not see the use for it. When creating a song I set the bpm. When improvising I can change the bpm on the master which changes the bpm for all slave units, which can be done anytime during the set. What am I missing?

1 Like

The use case would be music with instant hands-free tempo changes where the master (or only unit) is the AR (or AF/AK).

That could be good and bad.

Sorry guy, but I respondet to a different post … not to yours … maybe you should get a mug of fresh beer, sit down, and calm down… :wink:

Many people over the years have requested an option to have either global tempo control or for the global tempo to follow a preset value that is stored in the pattern.

This would allow prevention of unexpected tempo change when moving to a new pattern, or intentional hands-free tempo change when moving to a new pattern. Both are useful behaviours for some people.