Old projects sounding different after 1.30 update and how to solve it

Nope, LFO 1 still contained all relevant settings of my project (Wave, Depth, Speed, multiplier etc.) but the destination was messed up. LFO 2 was still in it‘s INIT state so to say.

But LFO 1 can’t modulate LFO 2.

Or maybe I misunderstood what you first wrote.

Yeah, I know. I initially thought that the entry might have been something that was unintentionally left in and came up as a bug. Not sure though, since I really just saw the destination entry for a brief second before changing it back to samplestart.

1 Like

Yeah peep this. It’s the LFO destination for my LFO one page. This LFO destination doesn’t appear to exist outside of these altered P-Locks. ie It is not an actual LFO1 destination that appears in the drop down menu

8 Likes

So, there’s a bug somewhere in the coding. Nice find.

Did you report this as a bug by creating a new ticket? As this looks like this is one looking at your picture.

LFO 1 modulating LFO2 which modulates LFO1 again: A potential portal for entering black holes or changing the laws of gravity.

2 Likes

I wrote the project while in 1.21A if I remember correctly.

Funny thing is I also have LFO2 as my destination on the trigs with previous pitch modulation, but only a few of them sound betterish when I re-P-lock them to modulate the pitch on that track. Sometimes when I crank the speed to 2K my sound becomes like it used to, sometimes it doesn’t. Some sounds (I’m thinking of course about trigs) are reverted back to how they used to sound when I pitch them from -24.00 to -15.36ish???
like dude what… crazy business

Also this LFO2 destination made me think, maybe we found a bug that will unlock the true potential of the Digitakt, a man can dream.

Maybe with the right frequencies will make me a cappucino, who knows.

i encountered this in the beta, fixed for my particular projects (made in 1.13 i think…) so looks like you’re seeing a very similar issue that got missed in testing

i admit i did get giddy seeing the hidden SRC PRG as a MIDI LFO destination in my projects but it didn’t actually work and has been ‘fixed’ (removed) in the release

1 Like

Good call, i’ll create a ticket.

Unlike an Apple computer. :smile:

One of my projects sounded very different after upgrading, and it turned out to be due to a long retrigged trig where I was using LFO fade. I had to turn off LFO.T on the TRIG page and then it sounded like it did before the upgrade. Just in case anyone else is having this particular issue…

5 Likes

“LFO depth” change that could be related: Really easy time stretching on the Digitakt - #32 by dialectrics