Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Float (dual stereo filter)

This is awesome! Old Blood does such great FX.

Good question. The manual says that it’s designed with a bunch of head room to allow for line level, and I personally didn’t have any issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Props for mentioning Mambo and wearing a Lemonheads T-Shirt. Those were the days!

1 Like

I was dead pleased when I saw you’re video in amongst all the guitary folks… they’re all well and good but sometimes it’s a bit of guesswork to translate into a synthy situation. Really helpful vid and there are some really nice subtle touches to the interface that are really interesting. Would’ve loved if you’d also done a few sweeps with different resonance on a plain saw wave to get a really good impression of how the filter sounds. The OBNE site just says ‘analog’ but a smooth Roland style is a country mile from Polivoks style mayhem. What end of the spectrum would you say it sits on?

Only slight disappointment for me is that the LFOs don’t seem to go too far up into audio rate…

1 Like

WOWZERS!!! This is super RAD

1 Like

The best of times!

Thanks for the kind words @jeye_musik! Sorry for the delay. I’ve been off swanning about New York for the past 12 or so days. Filter wise it is more on the smoother end of the spectrum - not an aggressive gnarly filter like the MS-20 or similar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

great pedal, anyone know of any others comparable to it?

1 Like

Very intrigued by this too. I’m constantly on the hunt for these kind of devices. (Ended up with boum and restyler)
Here is a list that we compiled earlier. I should add this in…

2 Likes

thank you gotta check fhat thread, on another note I love the size of the float as well

2 Likes

Howdya like the Boum? I have BIM and BAM. Boum is on my want list…

nice a dual filter pedal I already have the vongon paragraphs that I like but is mono. this is a cool alternative for dual filter

1 Like

nice examples on this video too

1 Like

Did you get one? If so, how does it compare to the Paragraphs?

1 Like

no I didn’t get one yet but is in my gas list. still have the paragraphs with I like too

1 Like

@Wick I just got one and played with it for an hour. Only ran guitar through it. It’s a lot of fun and incredibly versatile. Highly recommended!

2 Likes

I like it too. Almost too many features but after a few sessions i mostly know how to get what i want. But i find the sensitivity knob quite hard to set right. I have to pinch it just a tiny bit for some time to find the right spot.

1 Like

thanks. I would like to have the float pedal I still have the paragraphs would like to sale it. a dual filter would fit me needs

Yeah, presets would be nice. No issues with sensitivity here.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because i use it synths and drums.