OG Tempo vs Trim Length difference OT

Hi,

I started sampling a +3 min song on my OT MKII. The OG tempo is 67 and I entered that number in de ATTR section in the audio editing menu. The trim lengt and loop length however say 75.75 BPM. This withholds me from being extremely lazy and chopping the sample in equal parts.

I’m probably overlooking some OT limitations, but maybe somebody in here has a lazy-proof way of sampling?

Thanks in advance.

Also, i would love to work with patterns with uneven and short lengths without them retriggering everytime the master restarts the 16 bars loop. Any workaround?

Welcome.

You can adjust the sample length with TRIM page. 64 bars, 128 bars, etc…
Once done, apply slice grid.
For the most precise selection, you have to calculate the length in samples.
1 sec = 44100 samples.

If you don’t want your sample to be retriggered : 1ST trig condition, or one shot trig.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

I actually meant with a pattern. Whenever i have a pattern running at 16/16 bars and another track’s pattern at 15/16, it still retriggers everytime the 16/16 one hits the one again. Leaving not much of randomization… I’ve come across the “Plays free” option in the pattern menu but haven’t figured it out yet.

I think the plays free option makes the pattern completely free from any master triggering. I’d like it to still trigger with the rest of the patterns, but be freed from any master retriggering.

Set Master Length to „inf“.
Use Chain Behaviour in the Pattern Settings Menu to set the behaviour when changing patterns.

4 Likes

The master length defines when the individual tracks gets retriggered/reset.

Check page 78 in the manual.

4 Likes

This one did it! Thanks. Patterns not being retriggered anymore.

Ah ok tracks dith different scales. With INF you may be interested by Chain Behavior otherwise you can’t change patterns.
Handy pattern length calculator by @Kalimari :
Elektron Octatrack: Track Trigs/Multiplier to Master Length Calculator

2 Likes