Official Logic Pro x OB2 guide

Hi all!

I have made a few posts on here recently, mostly whining about Logic Pro X and OB2. After some communication with Elektron support, I have managed to get an ‘Official’ way of routing multiple Elektron synths through Logic Pro X.
I have noticed a fair amount of people wanting an official way of setting this up so I will paste the email I recieved here.

Add the AU-plugin to a Software Instrument track and choose a Multi-Output that suits your needs.

Open Mixer. Look for the -/+ signs in the channel strip of the AU Plugin (located just above the Solo button). Click on the + sign until all AUX-channels have been added (the + sign will then be greyed out).

Now create one audio track for each of the outputs. When creating the audio tracks, set them to input from i.e. Bus 1-10 (depending on the number of outputs the device has). Now set the AUX-channels to output to the corresponding Buses (1-10). Rename the tracks after your liking.

If you want to have access to the AUX-channels in the main window, simply highlight the channel(s), right-click, and choose Create Track. Note that the audio can’t be recorded to the AUX-buses and that’s why you need to send it to audio tracks via buses. The track that holds the plugin is the main out (1+2) and audio can be recorded to this track, as well as automations.

Turn on input monitoring for the audio tracks by clicking the Input Monitoring button (with the “I” icon) in the track header. Choose Preferences > Audio > General and make sure that “Input monitoring for focused track and record enabled tracks” is unchecked to be able to monitor multiple tracks simultaneously.

Recording the send FX separately can only be done by isolating the FX output at the master output. To do this, change the track audio routings inside SETTINGS / AUDIO ROUTING on your machine. The tracks can be un-routed from the master output

4 Likes