Off Topic Speculation

The decision to persist with this already asked feature request purely on the grounds of it being ‘wilfully crippled’ or part of some sales conspiracy is tiring and is derailing the FR thread, it’s also flawed … the vibe it creates is unhelpful, you’ve been asked to stop spreading gossip further, it serves no good … the gossip exists out there, it’s plentiful, it’s also been addressed, let’s move on

1 Like

No we are not guessing. It’s clear that Analog series would very much be capable of supporting MIDI sequencing (and it’s 2017 so they really should) but Elektron has made the decision to not implement it.

Even though it was not “promised”, it is unfortunate that the devices are crippled in that way.

I would love for someone to be able to prove that it is easy to implement, rather than just speculating without knowing the design and software limitations within. Elektron said themselves it is not a simple task. My assessment of that it is, it is not simple because they got the design wrong. Not just a software limitation that is easily fixed with a bit of code. Otherwise they would have done it by now.

1 Like

My guess is that if Elektron received a Euro for every time someone claimed this, they could have hired another engineer to implement it. :wink:

1 Like

MIDI does not require magic. If the sequencer is there and the device has MIDI capability, of course the sequencer can transmit MIDI too.

That doesn’t really clear things up at all for someone who knows a bit how these things work. I replied to that post and asked what makes it so difficult. He hasn’t answered so far.

Well he has stated that this opinion you share is wrong, that it is difficult (not impossible) to implement, that they seem to be working on it but have not committed to providing it as they are uncertain of the outcome, although more clarity on this would be great. He has also requested not to perpetuate this supposed myth that it is a business decision not to include this functionality.

I would welcome more details too but I am certainly not going to perpetuate the speculative myth that they did it on purpose to keep OT sales high, which is where this discussion began.

You can believe what you want but until I am proven otherwise, I say they crippled the Analog series on purpose by not enabling MIDI sequencing on A4, AK and AR.

The truth right there. Isn’t the sequencer digital?
There’s a cv sequencer. Pretty easy for elektron to just make that a one track midi sequencer

Well, the device has MIDI OUT and a digitally controlled sequencer. That’s really all the proof I need to support my claim.

You have to buy overbridge premium to enable midi on AR and AK

:wink:

Thanks elektron

How can something which has never once claimed to contain a MIDI sequencer, be described as “crippled” for not including it? It beggars belief that someone would think this. If you needed a MIDI sequencer in your synth, why didn’t you buy one that contained it? Some people here need logic and semantics lessons, it seems.

1 Like

Sorry if it seems difficult to fathom to you. It’s just that it would make the device so much more usable and is quite basic feature and there seems to be no real reason why it’s not included. It’s been requested a lot and in my opinion it makes Elektron look arrogant when they refuse to add it.

Btw, I would certainly be willing to pay a little for A4 “premium” OS that included MIDI sequencing if that is what is needed.

The real reason for it not being included has been thrashed over so many times on this forum that I’m not even going to repeat it again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have read this forum for years and I haven’t seen any reason why they couldn’t do it if they wanted to.

This is a utterly terrible stance for a moderator to take.
A moderate shouldn’t have an opinion either way.