Off-topic rambling

What does a sampler sound like?

like something that takes a recording and makes it available to play back on demand.

You mean it sounds exactly like anything it can record? That’s deep, dude :thinking:

no. that’s not at all what I said. It sounds exactly like a recording of anything you record into it, not like “anything it can record”

So you’re saying that a recording of a thing sounds exactly like the thing that was recorded. I understand completely now.

no again, misquoting me - a recording of anything, sounds like a recording of that thing. not like the thing that was recorded.

if you can’t tell the difference between a live instrument playing a note and a recording of that instrument, i wouldn’t trust you to produce a note of music for me

Hmmmmm. That’s not really true. What about all those super expensive kontakt sample instruments? I doubt you can Tell the difference…

forget it

Aha. Then the distinction between the two would disappear once they’re both recorded because they would both sound like recordings, right?

Hey, I can’t even tell if I’m talking to a real person right now so, yeah, definitely don’t trust me with anything important.

see above

I’ll pretend that means “yes, I agree with your logical observation” and you can keep pretending that the words “recording” and “thing” rearranged in enough different ways will eventually produce a coherent thought. Deal?

never bro, stop harassing me