Off-topic opinions of YouTubers

Nick Kwas can make me give up on buying any synth. Very annoying presentations.

5 Likes

HAHAHAHA couldn’t agree more

Understatement still. Zum :face_vomiting:

LMAO I know nick he’s not like this in real life i swear

2 Likes

I guess he is the US equivalent of Mylar Melodies whose videos I just can’t watch either, funny how some synth youtubers have this effect, whilst others don’t, still props to them all for trying, but I think we are kind of saturated at this point.

I don’t mind mylarmelodies, maybe because he’s in my ballpark music-wise. Bobeats on the other hand, makes me wanna break my computer every time I see his face. Have blocked him everywhere except YT, where he keeps on popping up… Sorry for the hate, but I had to share my pain:)

3 Likes

Hahhah we really have the same pains, there must be more of us then. :rofl:

Yeah it is kind of funny, I guess though if you are putting your face/personality into these videos you kind of expect that not everyone will be into your channel, to be a bit more brutal I see a lot of these guys as “Cuckoo lite” and honestly most of them I find unwatchable, even if, as is often the case their production values and content is very good, if their voice/mannerisms/articulation/accent/attitude/delivery/personality is in some way annoying I can’t watch their videos, I also don’t like over use of text overlays unless they are relevant, tacky clickbait titles, rambling, uhms and arrs…haha, still hats off to them if they can make a living off of doing what they love.

Edit: I’m such a miserable git.

haha, “Cuckoo lite” is somewhat accurate. One of the reasons I dislike Bobeats is that he is trying very hard to be likeable, to be YT pro or smth and also because he’s copying the cinematic style of RMR and Cuckoo. Also overly optimistic / fake.

Yeah trying too hard/to be too nice can often come across badly, but then so can trying to be too “I don’t give a fuck” like Look Mum No Computer or Simon the Magpie both of whom I think have great channels but wish they’d dial it back a bit sometimes, it isn’t needed.

Don’t get me started on Andrew Huang :rofl:

Edit: Sorry for cluttering the thread with this tangent, mods feel free to split thread.

1 Like

Me … cant stand Marc Doty, i think he’s like the shamwow of synth advertising :slight_smile:
Anyway … Interesting Volca really ! but tbh i dont need this at all

2 Likes

Andrew Huang is so talented, that everything else is besides the point. He is also naturally funny IMO

One mans funny is another mans funny how? :rofl:

To be fair, I’d never question his talent, or any of the others for that matter, but I find his style too “in yer face” in a Rylan Clarke kind of way.

1 Like