Off topic from anonymity thread

How did this end up here? I didn’t make this topic? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Glad you’re exercising your freedom of speech to make tired and unfunny transphobic jokes. Keep at it champ

@konputa the subtweets are brilliant. Indistinguishable from satire

1 Like

I didn’t make a “transphobic” joke. You see what you want to see I guess. Like some people seeing race everywhere. It says more about you than me. As for your tone, please mind it.

1 Like

Mocking trans people by proposing ridiculous pronouns in jest is, in fact, transphobic, your majesty.

I didn’t mock any person. You said it’s perfectly fine to fire someone for not using the right pronoun. I told you my pronoun as a joke and you react as if stung by a bee and claim I am some transphobic person mocking them or whatever. You probably see malice everywhere. Must be sad.

I’m not sure what side of 50/50 this misunderstanding lies on - but best both count to 5 and leave it there :thup:

@Nevets @Anfim - commenting as posts are attracting flags

1 Like

There is nothing transphobic about being against compelled speech.

1 Like

Saying “keep at it champ” and selectively/out-of-context responding isn’t really helpful but ok.

I was very friendly and listened and tried to address everything he and others said. Only to be called a transphobic person.

There is no misunderstanding, I, like the others were merely sharing our opinion.

1 Like

point taken - but perhaps both of you were equally clear about some perceived Injustice stemming from a post you made that had enough ambiguity (warranted or not - I presumed being jovial fwiw ) to solicit a reply, I was basically hoping we could shift away from the off-topic gender-centric and semantic aspects without making too much of a fuss.

I think, like governmental politics, when we venture toward gender politics, threads will basically implode sooner or later - thus …

You are right. And I will use some emoji next time to make that more clear. I think most important is the intent. I believe nobody in here has bad intentions or the intention to upset anyone. So all is good :smiley:

1 Like

This is awkward because I’d felt I’d dealt with this enough for us to move on, but as the posts were still attracting flags there has been a few casualties from this detour in the chat - this can happen e.g. posts with a flag count will go in case a moderator isn’t at hand (for spammers etc)

To then belatedly flag other posts on the back of posts vanishing is not quite moving on and just makes more stuff to deal with at our end.

when the posts were hidden, the flow in the original thread was lost

I’m not sure where your original post has gone either - normally we’d see the source of this as an edit - so I’m also locking this thread and removing the pointer here - it will make no sense to anyone stumbling upon it

1 Like