Off-topic discussion on competition

I mean that’s an incredibly consumerist way of looking at this. Competition creates confusion and indecision, people get more wrapped up on forums discussing the latest and greatest more than focusing on what they have and being creative

People are still playing 400 year old violins

It’s easy to take this attitude when the market drops the value of your gear

I mean I was taking the piss. It’s a quote from an old US president too I believe.

But again it’s clear you’re from a consumerist, capitalist society. No one needs the latest smartphone or a brand new car. The only thing that needs innovation is medicine and science. Not for commercial purposes but for species preservation and maintaining the environment.

Call my a communist but you’re the ones funneling money into the hands of Jeff Bezos and Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0f5nUFo3Q

2 Likes

Cause who needs easy transportation or all of the worlds information and easy communication in your pocket. Innovation is what separates us from animals

Medicine and science only compete in countries that rely on sales to create this competition. Can’t you see that the lust for money is what creates competition and not for the want of a better world. In some places with universal healthcare, medicine develops because people are sick, not because you can sell it to people.

I honestly couldn’t care less if I have a phone at all or even a car. I went for more than 2 years without any sort of phone and only got one as a result of social pressure to be immediately contactable at every minute of the day.

I’m not lusting for a hipster vision of a vintage world. We just don’t need all these possessions. Tools yeah, that’s literally what separates us from the animals. But we only need science to save the environment we’ve already fucked up and medicine to stop people from dying.

I think you don’t have perspective on this debate. If you can’t separate your life from what you own and the lust for more things you’re lost. I’d be happy banging on rocks in the jungle if I was still breathing

Obviously it’s fueled by money, the better world is a side product. In an ideal world it would be all hand holding and doing things for the greater good but this is not an ideal world and never will be. I’ll take the greedy consumerist society where disease is cured and I can browse gear from my living room in my house filled with goods that serve little more purpose than entertaining me over smashing rocks together in the jungle hoping I don’t get eaten by a tiger

And there goes the thread.

5 Likes

How do I contradict myself?

Nah. I’m enjoying subverting Arturia

Hmmm, never thought of it that way. Continue :slight_smile:

Hahaha well dang. I’m only shit talking. It’s 6 in the morning and there’s nothing better to do

tbh I didn’t even start the argument

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)