Odd USB audio behaviour with delay effect

Hi all, I am having a repeatable strange situation occurring with bringing USB Audio from Cycles into my DAW. I have pretty much turned off every bit of MIDI IN to Cycles other than Clock. My tempo in the pattern and DAW match. Yet, my delays are sounding like a tape effect (warbling - as though the delay effect is being altered during playback) if I start the pattern via my DAW.

If I start the pattern from Cycles, the audio coming in to my DAW is exactly as expected. The delay works correctly.

I actually do not mind the warbled sound, but it’s definitely not me controlling it!

Any ideas? cheers

Those were my first M:C sketches with that unwanted but really cool effect. MIDI Clock fluctuations?

The second Track is the same as the first one but slower. I wanted to exagerate the effect. Nice result.

Yep, mine is perhaps a little more pronounced but sounds the same. I am not sure it’s something to be happy with. But i accept it can sound good sometimes!

Sounds like the clock sync may not be perfect & you get enough jitter in the tempo to hear in a tempo-syncd delay.