Octatrack with prophet X

hello!,anyone with the PX and an Octatrack? Octatrack master,midi channel choose in both, all in midi,and cc , and px slave no s/s. when the midi control is on ,i can use the Octatrack keys to make the px sound and i can record the notes(and of course it sounds) . but the keyboard of the px doesnt work(or works very weird). if i turn the midi control to off, the keyboard of the px works,but the Octatrack doesnt send any midi info BUT i can record live in octratrack and play the px keyboard and the notes stay recorded on the Octatrack but no sound. need to change midi control to on to listen the recording.
any idea how can i play the keyboard and record the notes in the Octatrack with the sound?

here is a video of what i mean:

thanks a lot

I’m sequencing my PX from one of my OTs without too much of a challenge (there’s a bit of muddy midi implementation, ironically enough considering it coming from Dave Smith, in that PX).

I believe this may be related to a few things:

1. Make sure that you have local off (I set it to key/wheels off)
  2. Make sure that you’re not in “Edit layer B” mode - for some reason, it starts acting up for me then
  3. I’m using mine in multimode “on” to allow for 2 midi tracks - make sure to set the first of those midi tracks to your chosen midi channel (in the PX and in the OT’s auto channel) and then the second track would be having the midi channel following that nr (if auto channel is set to 14, the A layer will have midi channel 14 and the B layer will have midi channel 15)

I think that’s the things I would check if I were you. Adding a few screens from my setup - hope it helps and that you can get it working with this amazing combo :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot , will try tomorrow! I spent all the evening trying to use the px and ableton without any idea of ableton . I can’t get what is recorded in ableton to play. I record live audio without problems, I also record midi notes without problems, but when pressing play these notes do not sound. IN the prophet I have everything set to usb(use ubs cable) and the midi channel 2. (by the way it records notes in midi 1 and 2 even if I have midi 2 in the prophet, why?) Any help? Thanks in advance for this issue too

You’re welcome, hope the OT setup works out for you,

Unfortunately, I’ve no experience of Ableton and I haven’t actually connected the PX MIDI to my DAW (Studio One) yet either, so I’m afraid I can’t help you there.

i solved the problem, with usb midi cant work, but with midi cable works perfectly. thx

1 Like

Great - good luck!