Octatrack Wishlist for next OS update

tons of good ideas …
but what about easy little implementation from the digitakt …
Like being able to copy/condition/etc… more than ONE step ( trig ) at a time … just like on the DT … and also like on the DT, being able to copy an audio track to a midi track … at least the trigs … i dont understand why its not possible … :sweat_smile::joy:

auto-generated fade in/out when slicing to avoid pops.

if track 8 is a master track, add the ability to use more effects rather than just 2.

1 Like

A pony… :smile:

1 Like

Old dogs won’t learn new “trigs” … :smiley:

Joking aside: all you can hope for is a bugfixing update, because the OT got declared “feature complete” a very long time ago.

An Elektron employee has already confirmed that at least the problem with the page LEDs colors (hard to see the active page) will be fixed. Maybe they take the time to fix a few other minor bugs, too, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

OctaToast

Toast 8 pieces of bread simultaneously. Use the slices function to turn one loaf into up to 64 slices. Randomize and extend patterns with crumbditional trays. Disable the 2nd law of thermodynamics on the fly to allow reverse toasting via the rate control - no more burnt bits!

Elektron, get with it. We’ve all been asking for these features since at least 2015.

3 Likes

No need to request something, that’s already confirmed to be fixed in a future update.

And before someone asks, read yourself:

1 Like

I had no idea! Thanks.

A small thing - it would be great if default or favourite Trig mode could be set in the personalise menu. I use the Quick Mute mode all the time so it would be convenient to have it as default.

3 Likes

Looks like you’re getting somethign like that in new 1.4 !

Is this the place for requests POST 1.40 ? I have a couple: Tracks retain last selected trig mode. And save sample to current slot list. I’m still happy about 1.40!

1 Like

(probably possible by OS)

for 1.50 i need :

• MIDI SLIDE
  • 1024/2048 steps
  • Reverb & Delay in FX1 fully
  • samples & Midi CHORDS with Scaling (maj, min, lydian, dorian etc…) for both Audio & MIDI.
  • rename project + delete prj.
  • & two more FX per tracks…
  • & ALWAYS USB Mode.

, got OT MkII since 10 days but i hope this gaps fixed.

praying Now.

an OS is an OS, u just code it…

if not possible Hardware-side, i hope all that in MkIII (with 16 audio + 16 MIDI), but it’s do-able by software OS upgrade.

Already here: Project - Change - Yes. Press FN+Bank and you can rename or delete the project.

3 Likes

thank you !

PRAYING for the rest :slight_smile: coz i believe they can do it.

Possible in change menu (bank+rec), or in file manager.

Dorian are other modes are just transposed major modes. Possible to set root note depending on your mode.
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips) - #89 by Open_Mike

4 Likes

Forget it, hardware limitations.

What’s that? The USB on the OT is wired to the CF reader and that’s it.

As @sezare56 said you confuse scales and modes. More scales would be welcome and have already supporters in another thread :wink:

2 Likes

i mean u play ONE chroma trig & it plays a scaled chords, Electribe-like…

when in USB mode it stops playback.

my PC supports hot plug/unplug… (Linux too)

music scales :

DAW-like / electribe-like.

And the OT has 84Mb of RAM, as you can see it’s not a computer.

For me it is best to avoid any opportunity of data corruption.

1 Like

A scale of 7 notes contains 7 modes.

As explained above, if you are in C major and want for instance change to C Mixolydian, you set the arp in F major.

1 Like