Octatrack SYSEX list

does this not exist somewhere?

1 Like

Following

2 Likes

2020-04-04 12.41.21

1 Like

and this list can be found…?

fuck it, ill cut to the chase. I wanted to see if it was possible to do a tracks pattern nudge via Sysex. you know, in grid mode, hold Func+ > or < to nudge the pattern.

assumption that that is not possible as I find nothing similar in MD manual

Ask Elektron. We’d be aware of if there was a list leak ! :wink:

1 Like

It does not exist.

2 Likes

ill ‘heart’ that…but im not happy about it.

1 Like

With the A4mk2 I can export sysex files of patterns+kits to import/move to other pattern slots/projects. Can you export/import sysex files on the OTmk2?

I’m putting together a live set now and I realise if I choose pattern A1-A4 for a certain chained jam (A4MK2 as the master) I may be stuck with it there, or I’ll have to do a lot of copy pasting on multiple machines. How would you manage pattern positions, or have you any tips about this kind of thing?

This kind of thing makes me feel old haha:

It is not documented, AFAIK…
I don’t think its possible.

But you can copy/paste banks files, they include patterns and parts.

2 Likes

Hint, Hint: Midi clock is not a time. Clock is a repeating tick.

Nothing new here so far.

As any Midi clock runs on ticks, you can fire an extra tick in the signal chain or holding one back (if you know how) and the result is basically Nudge. That is you can nudge out of clock tuning, which is what ticks are for. In other words one can not nudge an entire signal (including timed notes transported in between the ticks) but the machines #01 tick every timing is based on can be pushed forward (async to the actually clock) up to a point of beautiful ugliness of course.