Octatrack "step jump"

Hi,
years back before I was using any Elektron gadgets I was very pleased about function called “step jump” in Electribe 2. Basically It was build in feature in sequencer which made it possible to jump to a specific step in the sequence. It made easily possible to do some fills and randomization and you always could go back by starting on step one.

Now I’m wondering is this possible to do some how in the OT’s sequencer or is the logic with OT to do live sampling of the ongoing sequence and then pick up some slice from sampled audio and then place it in step one?

Cheers!

You can use the arranger for this

2 Likes

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 10.00.53

years back (around its release) seeing that Cox film really gave me a taste for cult cinema … it’s still one of my favourites and is now on the cards for this weekend’s viewing I’m having a post-punk binge right now so this will segue rather nicely

looking forward to checking out the OT arranger too as I’ve never looked at it, exploring the possibilities of different pattern starting points when recording in could be a game changer - hoping it feels as fluid as on the Digis, but I have set my expectation for otherwise …

1 Like

Repo man is always intense.

1 Like
2 Likes

Can you be more specific, please? Or do I just need to dive into Cuckoo’s videos and manual again : )

I haven’t touch arranger/song mode because I try to arrange songs live each time.

In Arranger you set rows containing a pattern that should play at that point in the arrangement. You can set which step in the pattern that row starts on - see pg 88 of the manual (description of OF parameter). You’ve only got access to this through Arranger, otherwise you can always record your sequence into a sliced buffer and have a track that plays slices from the buffer in some rearranged sequence with plocked trigs - that’s really more in the spirit of the Octatrack. Analog Rytm has more options for jumping between patterns in modes other than “get to the end of the pattern and then start the next pattern”.

Thank you! I’ll get into it asap.