Octatrack : Simple midi foot control without Breaking the Piggybank

Thanks … so I’ll keep doing it the intended way :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I meant OT patterns. You know the ones distributed horizontally in the triggs

Thanks, I will check on it, I wish it was a bit smaller though, but as I said before the price is my priority here.

That sounds great! what software did you use to do the mapping?

Thanks for the feedback!

Morningstar MC6 mk2, smaller and easier to program than the Behringer–costs a bit more, but does much more as well. Can be powered by USB, uses both USB midi and DIN midi.
2 expression pedal inputs.

Morningstar MC6

3 Likes

No software is neccessary to program the MFC10, just assign CC48 to your expression pedal.

1 Like

Thank you Mr. Roadmoviemusic!

What about to change patterns in the octatrack, not program necessary also?

No, not neccessary indeed.

1 Like

Thank you, Mr. roadmoviemusic but!

It is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that this device will do what I want, just like that out of the box, without me any kind of programming? Could you please confirm?

Yes I confirm that you don’t need any software to program it, it’s a standalone device that has been around for ages. You program it in a very simple way using the front panel. Not available new anymore, I believe but you can find them quite easily on the used market. The Behringer doesn’t need any software either, but it has less possibilities IIRC.

1 Like

I also confirm MFC10 is pretty easy to program. Edit : program changes are already avaible, just choose their number in the Program Change mode (normal mode).

Concerning FC200 : no need to program Program Changes either.

This one is pretty cheap and compact. Additionnal exp pedal possible.

1 Like

Cheap-o DIY solution needs a computer tho and a bit tinkering

1 Like

Oh that one is nice size wise, very nice looking. Mr. sezare56 thanks for the contribution. this post came out good! :slight_smile:

Thank you! Mr. Nad-RON I will check too!

I’m currently in the process of turning an old arduino into a foot controller with some stompbox buttons and a blank pedal box. If it works the total cost will be about $50. Will report back if I can pull it off.

I found myself in your same situation a while ago, and made this entirely configurable DIY footswitch:

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

thanks macropod That sounds great, please let me know. I’m open.

I’ll be listing a Behringer FCB1010 for sale next week if you’re interested! It has only been used once!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing it looks good, kudos to you for embarking in that project and succeeding. I’m not sure I have the stamina or the time to embark in such thing.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you esq

But I think I’m also looking for something compact!

Regards