Octatrack Sequencer steps seem unresponsive when receiving MIDI Control Change data

Good evening,

I’ve been experimenting with MIDI controllers for the Octatrack and noticed that, if the Octatrack is receiving Control Change information, steps on the affected Track seem unresponsive. For instance, if I’m using a 16n to send the CC value for Amp Volume on Track 3 and I try to remove an existing step on Track 3, it seems unresponsive - or is perhaps confused.

My theory is that the Octatrack sees the new Control Change information for Amp Volume and thinks I’m trying to update the existing step value for Amp Volume to what is incoming. This is easy enough to work around when throwing faders but I’ve started to play around with a blokas midihub and sending MidiLFOs - figuring to just hit as many destinations as possible to real get wild with sound design. The problem there is that the data is always incoming and it makes the step unresponsive in the sequencer.

Has anyone else experienced something like this and found another solution to removing existing trigs while the unit receives Control Change information or if there is a way to maybe set the Octatrack to receive Control Changes externally but not try to write them for the sequencer?

Thanks,
Erik