Octatrack sending program changes

Yep. I wish there was ‘Lock conditions’ but it’s ok !

After reading this entire thread, I’m still mystified.

I think the question is:

Can you completely remove a Program Change message from a Pattern / Part?

Midi SYNC > Program Change > Send / Receive Boxes are Unticked, Channels are set to AUTO

What was happening to ANEZ above continues for me. At the beginning of each pattern cycle the program change is sent from OT and the OB6 pattern changes to program “616”.

No matter what SBNK / PROG combination I attempt to manually set in the SRC > NOTE menu, OB6 (external synth) patch reverts to “616” (you can briefly see the numbers flash on the OB6 as the ‘reset’ happens), knob tweaks are reset, I cannot change program manually or via MIDI past one pattern cycle, because then the OT continues to send PC msg each time…

It’s as though the program change message is ‘imprinted’ on the part and/or pattern and I can’t seem to remove it…?

Any further help much appreciated.

Sure.

So a PC is sent at the beginning of each loop of the same pattern ?
Normally not possible, a similar PC is not supposed to be sent twice consecutively.

Did you check all midi tracks ?
Did you try to disable midi tracks channels ?
Can you change OB6 patches with other messages, like CCs ?

I’d use a midi monitor to check OT midi out…

1 Like

1m

Program change: Hi, asking because it is not working, but last year worked fine in all my lives. I’m sending PC from OT to typhon but nowadays the sound on Typhon doesn’t change. I reopened my project after a year without playing it… any clue what can i do?

set-up: OT midi out to A4. and then A4 midi thru to midi in Typhon. I have already set on OT parts all my PC, channel 6 in the midi track and Channel 6 on Typhon.

The Typhon is receiving midi cause it plays the melody, but it is not the correct sound…

Help!

:wink:

1 Like

First thing I would try is to connect the Typhon directly to the OT and see if the issue is caused by the A4.

1 Like

hi! read thru and still wondering if anybody might guess how just 1 (JP-08) of 3 (roland boutique) synths i have connected to the OT does not respond to the [STOP + STOP] PC command.

all 3 receive the PC command on bank changes thankfully, which is most important for live.
but a little mystified by this.

to top it off, it’s only one project doing this, so I feel like it’s something in the project settings or the offending MIDI track settings - and I just cant figure it out! anyone?

Weird. Could you use a midi monitor (software) to check what is sent ?
I can’t remember a related project setting but I’m checking…

Edit :

To avoid unwanted MIDI conflicts when controlling external instruments with the Octatrack MIDI sequencer, the MIDI channels assigned to the audio tracks should preferably not be the same as those assigned to the MIDI tracks. Read more about this matter in section “15.2 HOW MIDI IS ROUTED” on page 91.

Check audio tracks channels in MIDI > CHANNELS
You can set them to off to check. I don’t think it is the culprit, but it worth a try…

1 Like