Octatrack samples where from?

This!

Edit: didn’t mean to link to my own post

1 Like

Can I get these with A centered at 432Hz? My SpiritualBass-Type sound wont sound right if not.

2 Likes

Oh haven’t you heard? It’s 433Hz now… everyone needs to update their SpiritPacks.

1 Like

Aside from a few one shot drum samples, and folder of classic drum breaks, I found that I never used any of the sample pack material that I had. I just never seemed to get any inspiration from them.
I sample my own previously released stuff, bits of vinyl, field recordings, I sample my old synths, I sample my drum machines, my guitar, bass, keyboard, a toy train whistle, sounds of my kitchen, the odd spoken word bit nicked from youtube or radio, films.
Personally I think the whole point in owning an octatrack is to sample things. Loading someone else’s samples onto my sampler just doesn’t sit right with me.
Its a bit like synth presets, I would rather make my own patches than use a preset.

4 Likes

converse studio is a good one for sample.

i just end up sampling my monomachine into the pick ups or whatever. And just use the comb filter and other stuff to create “instruments”. or just use the click track like all the OT masters did…

Reaktor

1 Like

I’ve had no love using samples I’ve collected over the year or the stuff that comes with the OT, but I do really enjoy making my own. Use Kontakt & Reaktor mostly, let the computer do what it does well, export into the OT and arrange & tweak from there.

I make them myself, like these:

https://www.audiobombs.com/items/1619/zabong's-chains-(part-i)

Enjoy!

1 Like

Goldbaby does some good 909 samples. Sample from mars. Driven machine drums. I also use the samples from the Native instrument mahine expansions. Loopmasters good too. As well as various ones people have samples from synths etc.

I make chains with say 64 kicks together into one file. Works a treat on OT.

I do the same for snares toms etc. Means 1 sample slot can have 64 sounds.

1 Like

I bought Elektron’s Utility Kicks and had already had a small collection of Mid East drum samples from when I was using Ableton a lot more (I think it’s called Hadith), otherwise all other sampling is from my voice or my acoustic instruments or field recordings by myself. I also like to sample friends’ drums, hand pans, and other instruments. I’d say get a good recorder; the process is as enriching as the product :grinning:

1 Like

I had a 1st generation Panart Hang. It went out of tune so I sold it to someone who said he’d tune it.
He has several hand pans, I hope he’ll let me record them.

2 Likes

I use Loopmaster mostly. A few packs from Samples from Mars. I also sample old TV shows themes or classical music if i’m looking for something in a defined key.

i have several Elektron sound packs, but the Chillwave pack is a cut down version of the Chillwave packs on Loopmasters. Better to spend the tiny bit extra and get triple the content.

Also, you can use Logic Pro samples and convert it to the MKII one by one. Also, the ultra beat sequencer that comes with logic pro is very friendly to make quick ideas and then used it with the OT. I even use pickup machines or in logic and group various channels/instruments into one to save space when remixing some ideas.

hey man, thats a good idea, I also use logic so why not. Could you please walk me through the best way to get logic stuff into the octa? export it as wav? what sample/bit rate, mono or stereo?

In general to preserve the best quality: WAV/24 bit/44.1kHz stereo

(if the original is mono you can also export it as mono, of course)

1 Like