Octatrack resampling Electribe MX Live @ Superbooth21

I played a quick set at Superbooth this year, it was great fun with the Electribe MX. Have to say, I did not like the MX 15 years ago, but now, its really fitting in!
Octatrack is resampling the Electribe MX via its separate outputs, remixing and then feeding back in the MX - all within 1 part & pattern. Really liking this setup n wanna dig into it more…

here is the video of it:

Also released this on bandcamp with Octatrack project file + tutorial vid!

13 Likes

Saw the Bandcamp notification and was going to buy it when coming home from work just for the sake of getting some inspiration from you. The idea is great and seems like an awesome follow up to your Octatrack + Volca Drum/Bass or TR-9/TB-3 sets. Like you I had the EMX a few years back and I was really not that conviced by the sound and interface (especially when comparing with the Monomachine and Machinedrum videos coming out at that time :slight_smile: ). I’m sure this is a great combo and you executed that perfectly, can’t wait to read/hear/watch!

:heat: :heat: :heat:

damn this is great, my favourite vid of yours so far

I’ll definitely pick this up. I’m really curious about the 1 part / 1 pattern workflow you mention. Time to learn from the Octatrack wiz!

wow :aw: … Cenk is Control ALL

4 Likes

Unbelievable, had not seen this one either, amazing set!
Plus the “all black” effect works very well!

Those setup involving few machines are so inspiring, I still can’t figure out how to get smooth transitions on my OT without a controller, but you clearly can, I’ll have to watch and learn…

2 Likes