Octatrack Quick Reference Guide

Are there are any quick reference guides/cheat sheets available for the Octatrack? I realize that it would be difficult to incorporate everything that the Octatrack can do in 1-2 pages, but I am thinking something for trig types and common functions that are not readily apparent from the UI.

I was thinking something similar to this Morphagene cheat sheet. Morphagene - Button Combos.pdf - Google Drive

Aside from trig types, what else would you include on the sheet?

I am very new to the Octatrack and wanted to see if something if something like this already existed. If it doesn’t. well, I will create one and submit it here for feedback.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that a long awaited extensive guide for the Octatrack has been released this week by the awesome SynthDawg!! Check it out here (thanks Neil for your awesome work!).
Also check his other guides…

Ciao!

4 Likes

The irony of a quick guide that has more than double the number of pages to the OG manual is not lost on me.

3 Likes

Lol, that’s why i mentioned extensive ;). We all know the OT is complex with many functionalities. This guide should answer most questions (anyway it did for me that is new to the OT, i bought my unit 2 weeks ago).

It needs some space to write understandable sentences, something the manual chose to skip :wink:

Bought it! Thnx

I understand the manual just fine :man_shrugging:

Always thought its one of the best manuals going. It literally explains every thing you ever need to know, very clear, no ambiguity.

1 Like

I just spent 5 min to find an example but you’re actually right.
It’s the OT that can be convoluted because of all the possibilities and workarounds, i guess the manual just reflects that :wink:

I think synthdawgs manual is well made…and might be easier to understand for a beginner.
I agree that giving sentences a little space really helps the brain to take things in.

1 Like

Mackie manuals are great, and quite entertaining.