For scene A, set CC6 to 55
For scene B, set CC7 to 56
Value 0=scene 1
Value 1=scene 2
ā€¦
Value 15-127=scene 16

No scene mute apparentlyā€¦

4 Likes

Guys, do you know a command to clear all recording buffers?

You mean with a midi message or button combination ?

I donā€™t know any but if you change Memory Config (Dynamic Recorders = yes), youā€™ll get that message :

UNSAVED RECORD BUFFERS WILL BE LOST.

Otherwise, to clear each record buffer you can :

• Clear each recording slot
  • Fn + Play in Rec Setup, play mode
2 Likes

Yeah, I know how to clear buffers one-by-one. However a button combination or a menu option would be very useful to clear all recording buffers by a single action. Especially when recording live shit using multiple recording buffers for external sound sources and I have to restart the jam a lot of times because of mistakes :smiley:

I know you know. :slight_smile:
Just a reminder.

Did you try Memory Config changes ?
It clears all buffers.
You can change reserve length for example.
It stops sequencer unfortunately.

1 Like

No, I havenā€™t yet. Iā€™m aware of this side effect of adjusting recording buffer settings but I find this method more artificial, difficult and risky than just clearing the slots one by one.
Donā€™t know if @Elektron can take this as a feature request of having a menu option to clear all recording buffers :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does worse than that - mutes all the slots

It happened to me, but last time I did it, it didnā€™t mute all slots. I had assigned samples for recordings.
Maybe it didnā€™t because I only changed reserve lengthā€¦:thinking:

Yeah not sure with samples assigned in the recorders tbh. Plus I found the problem because Iā€™m always turning off reserves completely - but in the ensuing discussion I think it was acknowledged that any memory settings caused itā€¦ But maybe tweaking reserve length gets byā€¦

I have so little time to check lately but - wasnā€™t there a claim of a partial fix to this in the recent update release notes? Maybe they fixed it for static but not flex, or vice versaā€¦

Hereā€™s the reported acknowledgement (2 years ago!!)

2 Likes

When this comes up I always wonder why people clear the recording buffer instead of just recording again or mute if neededā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

Hello!

Guys, i accidently loaded files instead of recording buffers. And now i cannot set recording buffer to flex maschine. how to unload sample from slot?

Go above the slot > Fn + Play (Clear) to disassociate the sample from buffer.

plus it still works as a recording buffer even with the sample there - it gets overwritten

1 Like

Thanks for response! But i meant to clear slot. Already found out how to. ( In sample edit mode )

Hi all,

Not sure if there are any guidelines on bumping old topics, but as this is the ā€œOctatrack Questionsā€ topic, I thought this might be the most suitable place.

Iā€™ve had my OT mk2 since a week and I love it. That said, it hurts my brain sometimes. I read the manual, the Merlin guide and watched countless tutorials. Yet, I run into issues that I donā€™t understand.

The situation is the following, I am building a track around a pretty long sample.
I first loaded into a flex machine on T5. I sliced it to my liking and saved sample settings.

I then loaded it into another flex-machine on T6 (using the same sample slot) so I can play the slices polyphonically.

I also manually saved the sample settings

No problem so far.

Now, I want to also play the sample in free play mode for the ā€œbreakā€ part of the song.

As such, Iā€™ve set up a static machine on T8. I loaded same sample (different sample slot, but these shouldnā€™t be shared between flex and static machines anyway right?). Iā€™ve also set the track to 'free play". My intention was to trigger it manually once I arrive at the break in the song.

Now the problem: no matter what I do, the sample doesnā€™t start or end playing where I want it to.

Iā€™ve tried to delete all slices, reset start, end and loop points and even cleared the sample slot a couple of times (and tried different ones as well).

If I press the button to trigger the sample manually, it always starts around the same point (where the cursor is below)

It does the same when I load up a completely different sample that I havenā€™t used before and I truly donā€™t understand what I am not getting here. Can someone enlighten me?

The strange thing is, I am able to make some changes by fiddling around with start and endpoints in Trim mode, but as I move one (start or end) the other moves as well. It seems to be fixed in someway?

Here are some more pictures of my settings:

If I remember correctly each machine doesnā€™t have its own sample pool, and the slice grid is linked to the individual sample.

I think the solution here is to make a duplicate sample without the slice grid, and refer to that for your free playing track.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will definitely try that. The strange thing is however, that the problem persists even if I use a completely unrelated sample.

Will report back though.

What is you SRC page START VALUE?
Check also if START is plocked to a sceneā€¦

In you settings pictures, I see that Slices mode is off, in SRC SETUP. In that case, Audio Editor Slices settings have no influence on start point, but SRC START value does.

2 Likes

So I have tried loading up the same sample under a different name, that doesnā€™t solve the problem. All samples I try seem to start about the same difference from the beginning of the file.

SRC page START VALUE = 0
LEN = 1

Tried playing around with different settings here. No luck.

No P-locks in place

As this problem persists over samples, could my problem be somehow bound to the TRK? If I go to pattern settings (FUNC + PTN)

The settings for T8 that I seen now are:

Start silent = AUTO
Plays Free = ON
Oneshot TRK = OFF
Trig mode = ONE
Trig QT = TR.Len

Edit: I found a work-around though, I now made one very long slice (from the beginning to the end of the sample) and trigger that instead. That seems to work.

I would still like to understand the problem though.

Maybe that is sillyā€¦ and I should accept that ways of the OT are incomprehensible to mere mortals.