Octatrack Project Templates

Out of curiosity, what kind of process are you using to propogate your setup?

There might be an idea in there somewhere to “Initialize Entire Set” based on a Library setting… hmmm… ideas…[/quote]
Sorry, don’t think I understand the question?

Out of curiosity, what kind of process are you using to propogate your setup?

There might be an idea in there somewhere to “Initialize Entire Set” based on a Library setting… hmmm… ideas…[/quote]
Sorry, don’t think I understand the question? [/quote]
Ah, don’t worry about it, just thinking out loud.

[quote="“Baddcr”"]

Heh… in all honesty this is precisely the reason I was looking forward to your editor :joy: [/quote]

There is a Library module… I’ll leave that up to your imagination as to what it does.

Heh… in all honesty this is precisely the reason I was looking forward to your editor :joy: [/quote]

There is a Library module… I’ll leave that up to your imagination as to what it does.
[/quote]
Reading E-books on the OT screen? Wow that´s badass!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

I am about to create a template and was wondering if anyone had cool ideas?

I am thinking of doing a project that features multiple configurations spread out on various banks, the project would contain some preloaded samples. This way I can fire up the OT and get to doing nasty stuff real quick.

Here it goes.

-Bank 1 to 12 (Default)
Vanilla ice cream but pre-configured for my setup.

-Bank 13 (drum machine for creating loops)
Using preloaded sample chains + features fader resampling trick and master track
4 versions spread out on 4 parts with different effect and sample flavors.
(I will use this bank to create stereo loops to be reloaded afterwards in other songs

-Bank 14 (Monolith synth inspired)
http://project1404.com/monolith2/

features fader resampling trick and master track

-Bank 15 (Pickup machine party)
Preconfigured to work with hooked up gear. + features fader resampling trick and master track

-Bank 16 (Drone setup)
Preset on polyrythms, some neighbor tracks

Project will be preloaded with most usefull samples but I will try to keep it lite so there is space left in the ram.

Will do the templates so Part1 is always pre saved as I always forget the usefullness of saving parts.

Any thoughts?
Other templates I should add?
Might also do a variant of this template with no master track also.

This will be fun to do with Octaedit, just waiting for the library module : )

To summarize, I want to create a template that obviously will serve as a starting point for creating tracks.

I see it as a bank library of various ways that the OT can be used, but all contained in one project. This should accelerate my workflow when composing or when I go to jam with friends. But also serve a a reminder of various tricks I tend to forget to use.

So this is my vision, yours may differ on how to jump start a new track but I am curious to know what you have came up with in terms of templates to get your creative juices flowing.

For context I am most interested in ambient stuff, drones, hard industrial, glitchy stuff, sound design…

I feel so alone :sob:

Its ok, you’re not alone, you’re never alone :hug:

Looks like you’ve got a good handle on what you need.
One thing I didn’t see in your list was a template that has all the flex recorders assigned to the 8 tracks. Makes it nice and easy for capturing 8 loops at once in any of your other banks and then getting easy access for making edits/ tweaks to the sample settings before saving.

Wow thanks!
I’ts the kind of approach I never used.
Reason more for me to build this template and have quick acces to various OT configurations.

AI’m halfway done as I did most of the grunt work.

Not alone buddy, these are really cool ideas - thanks!

VERY interesting indeed !
Thank you Regis !

cool thread. I would love to see example templates of how people set up the octatrack for a live PA…

live PA workflow is still something Im coming to grips with.

Soon in the new version… :wink: [i]

(You know its already there in the old version, right?)[/i]

I’d love to download that! Someone in the forum still has it? Does someone know what is this transition about?
Thanks a lot, guys!

Anyone have a template for the seperate tracks into a daw (ableton) by chance?

Should still be available in the files section I believe.

I also did not find it…

Hmm, @Simon @avantronica is there a way to search the files section. Couldn’t find how. I think the transition truck template was one of the first files uploaded, but it takes forever to try and scroll all the way back.

Not too sure - googling within files area for transition trick or template isn’t much use either

I was looking for something recently and gave up - so I don’t quite know the best approach tbh