Octatrack pattern bpm

Is it possible to set bpm per pattern without using the arranger?

Nope

2 Likes

I often name part 1 with the BPM. This is a per-bank BPM notation… just sharing how I get by on stage.

5 Likes

Yeah I do the same. Its nice to change bpm in real time anyway I think. Gives the crowd an easy transition.
Some of my patterns are all spacious to allow bpm change without realising it is happening.

1 Like

A tip in case it helps anyone, if you hold function down while turning the level knob to change bpm it won’t change until you let go of function…

15 Likes

I was looking into all the above the other day weirdly, and settled on Arranger for ease. It did occur to me that it’d be great to be able to associate BPMs with scenes so that you could smoothly transition from one to another, but it appears you cannot.

shame.

2 Likes

That would mean being able to plock tempo which would be… interesting

2 Likes

that hadn’t even occurred to me!

Plock tempo with scenes, yes, feature request!

You can make tempo variations plocking lfo speed, slices dest. Obviously more limited but interesting results.

3 Likes

Actually… If you send your muted audio to the cue, have a track recorder resample the cue, then have a flex machine playing the resample, you can modulate tempo via the rate parameter.
Tape style!

5 Likes

:exploding_head:

I don’t know if I’ll ever find a live application for this myself, but I know what I’m goofing around on tonight!

2 Likes

Nice

What in the actual fuq. My brain just did a barrel roll inside my head following that routing technique

2 Likes

What?! Is this a joke?

Newer OT firmware has BPM per pattern just like the Digis and the new Rytm update. It’s the elektron way nowwwwwwwwwwww. :slight_smile:

Huh? Did I miss something?

Lemme turn my OT on and see if it saves bpm per pattern just to make sure I can do this on my rytm and digitone no problem. Especially on the new rytm update I can do this on my MKI!

Unless I missed something I dont think theres been an OT update since trig conditions…

1 Like

Can’t find it in 1.31 release notes.

1 Like

Nope.