Octatrack OS update wishlist

An op-1 style screen. with clear graphics.

On all Elektron machines.

Some OS update :slight_smile:
I got another one. Would be cool if you could copy a pattern, cue the next one, and paste there before it starts playing. I read that on the A4 you can do this somehow (not sure if this is the exact method), but would love it on the OT and MD as well.

P-lock of note-length when realtime recording :slight_smile: (on audio tracks)

trigs get recorded as slice points.

Yet more requests…

[ul]
[li]Fix File System.[/li]
[li]Fine control for STRT point.[/li]
[li]P-lockable CUE levels in Studio Mode.[/li]
[/ul]

These Monomachine features:

[ul]
[li]LFO Page 1 params p-lockable (eg wavetype, target parameter etc)[/li]
[li]MIDI Slide Trigs.[/li]
[li]Auto Step Record Mode (advances a step after Note Off).[/li]
[li]Assignable Key Tracking.[/li]
[/li]
[/ul]

And from Analog Four:

[ul]
[li]Performance Mode.[/li]
[/ul]

… Must be quite a collection to choose from now. I’m sure once Overbridge is finished, some time in 2018, they’ll get around to implementing some of the requests! :wink:

ability to use track trigs to demo samples (a-la the MD) in addition to the existing FUNC + ENTER method - would be much simpler/easier/pleasant

I wish you could hold a trig (or function+trig) in the slice trig mode and twist knobs and have parameters locked to that individual slice. I’d take it if it was even something basic like pitch only.

1 Like

Also from the analog four:
multiple destinations per LFO!

I didn’t know about that. How many destinations can you set? I’m considering adding an Analog Keys to my OT and MnM.

The Octa already has multiple destinations per LFO.

You can set two destinations per LFO on the Analog Four, with separate depth control for each.
While the LFOs in the Octatrack can send to multiple destinations, more specifically, I would like it if the LFOs could have Multiple Simultaneous destinations e.g. LFO 1 sent to both pitch and sample start (or wherever).

Nice but probably not possible due heavy cpu-load
But you can switch the destinations via the parts … ex. A1 part 1, A2 part 2 …

Nope. Wish it did.
Practically everytime I use LFOs, LFO2 is replicating LFO1 but with a different destination.
If it’s not possible to have multiple destinations for CPU reasons, then maybe we could add:
[ul]
[li]Copy/Paste between LFOs. [/li]
[/ul]

I don’t get what you are saying. In my Octa, all 3 LFOs are completely independent one from another. And they all have multiple destinations to select from.

1 Like

Unless you are talking about Multiple Simultaneous Destinations. It’s a very different thing from Multiple Destination.

Nevertheless, I think 3 LFOS PER TRACK is more than enough. The A4 design aches to more typical synthesizer designs where you have a couple LFOs per voice and you can send their modulation to different places at the same time. My old Virus A has that, as do many others. The Octa design is the same as the Monomachine.

I think there are a kazillion things more important to ask for than MSD LFOs.

4 voice polyphonic sampler machine …i want play chords :sob:

i’d like to have an double assignable dj eq in one screen…in the master channel for example… so i could use to mix sampled playback from flex machine with thru machine in my live act … exactly like a dj mixer without focus the machine i want to be mixed…

I’ll say it again:

:slight_smile:

My current octadream is for an lfo to pan between scenes A/B…
Imagine the damage you could do!

1 Like

as a new owner…
please +1 to global undo!!!

with the learning curve as it is this is pretty much inexcusable.

FUNCTION+(push down level knob)? surely this can be done?