Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

So with the 1.40 and 1.40A update came the ability to randomize and revert to default settings per setup page by pressing SRC/AMP/LFO/FX1/FX2 + YES/NO. Yes for randomize, No to bring it back to default settings. This is the feature I’m specifically referring to and in the post above I posted a link to a video of it happening. Cheers!

1 Like

@theh4mmer
I also have checked, no issue.

2 Likes

@WeirdFishes

Thank you, as well.

EDIT2: Did a function check, that particular key combo is sending a ghost signal for some reason. I wonder if some dirt or hair got in there somehow? I’m gonna go at all the keys real hard with an air duster. Video Link
Also, now that I’m aware this isn’t a firmware bug I’ll stop posting here. Thanks for listening to me, lol.

EDIT: After a lot of screwing around it looks like there is a short in the NO key. :cry: If I apply slightly more pressure it stops flashing, and if I wiggle my finger while pressing down it makes it spazz out randomly. It still takes me to the FX1 page every time now, though. I’ve tried some air dusting in the cracks around the keys just in case but that didn’t seem to help. The odd thing is that it works on the other pages… time to contact support, I guess. I hate sending things away for warranty.

I’ve tried just about anything I can think of including unplugging everything from it, outs included, so the only thing is the power plug. I’ve reloaded the OS 2 times since yesterday, and even reformatted the memory card. The weird thing is that I haven’t taken my OT anywhere… I got it at the beginning of the COVID pandemic, and it’s been on my desk in the same place ever since.

I treat it like my baby. I dust it off with a microfiber duster almost every other day. :frowning:

I mean, at least it still works, so that’s 99% good. It’s just a minor annoyance that this beautiful $1400 machine has a bug in it that only I am experiencing.

2 Likes

Ah ok. Weird. :slightly_frowning_face:
I also checked that combo with test mode.
Well, I guess you have to assume Amp page randomizing now…:wink:
Clear page?

:thinking: Air duster, but without disassembling?

(Hoping that’s the last and only issue!)

Haha, I jerry-rigged a very small tube adapter for fitting in tiny cracks, between keys, heatsink blades, etc. Fortunately, I recieved a response from Elektron!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue, and thanks for the videos!
This looks very similar to issues we’ve seen a handful of reports of before, but then affecting other button combinations. I talked to our developers and they say that it is very likely that the issue you’re experiencing is due to the same bug. After looking at the circuit diagram it seems even more feasible. The bug is due to minor timing differences between the respective rows of some user interface PCBs. This has been adjusted for in the next OS update and you should not experience this issue when that has been released. I don’t have an ETA for the next OS release at this point, unfortunately​. Hopefully, it is not that far away. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Best Regards,
Patrik - Elektron

So it looks like it’s a known issue. At least it’s not game-breaking!

7 Likes

New features / improvements? :loopy:
Bug corrections? :content:
Overbridge? :pl:

3 Likes

Maybe not an issue in the black OT hardware?

1 Like

I received a similar response about some combos causing unexpected results a while back (in my case, trigs getting added and removed). The bug comes and goes on mine…

Fingers crossed the next firmware fixes it!

1 Like

:thinking: Seems even more difficult to make combos with fingers crossed, no? :content:

3 Likes

I tested on grey one can’t reproduce, so probably specific to certain batch(es).

4 Likes

My fingers look like pretzels sometimes while trying to plock & copy/paste multiple trigs lol

4 Likes

In MIDI chromatic mode I’m finding that the page button (AKA Scale Setup button) causes the C triggered by trig 1 on any octave to remain latched - i.e. no note off (which is really note with vel 0) is sent.

To replicate go into midi chromatic mode and hold trig 1, keep pressed and press Scale Setup, release Scale Setup, release trig 1. Note from Trig 1 is latched on

Can be cleared by pressing trig 1 again, but not if the octave is shifted - it has to be the same midi note again. Cannot be cleared from an external keyboard - if you try to play the C from external keyboard you hear nothing. Can even disable all external Cs by repeating steps above across all octaves…

I’m on a Mk1 latest OS. Checked midi output with MIDI wrench on iOS

3 Likes

Issue when playing back slices in reverse: the higher slice numbers play back smaller bits of the slices, to the point that slice 64 is just a blip! Can anyone replicate?
*Note: forward playback is fine, only reverse had this problem

2 Likes

well that just don’t seem right

Do you have the reverse function set to a scene? Is it possible you assigned note length to a really low number on the same scene?

It has nothing to do with scenes. I only used the slider to make it easier to demonstrate.

1 Like

Hi - just had the same issue - rebooting sorted. Cheers

1 Like

No one else finding this? It’s almost become a feature for me…

2 Likes

I trust you. :content:
Can’t test right now. Remind me later!

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but changing memory config seems to cause statics not to play from sequencer trigs, you can fix it if you go into AED and trig them from there using FUNC+YES then it will work ok after. 1.40A mk2.

Anyone confirm this bug?

3 Likes