hello

i think i am on the LFO bug ,OT MK1 1.40A

TRACK 1,PART 1,PATERN 1,BANK A

LFO 1 setup AMPVOL,SQUARE,32%,TRIG,64,127

TRIG 1 ON

SILENCE TRACKS ON
LFO AUTO CHANGE ON

now if i switch to PART 1,PATTERN 1,BANK B
and if on TRACK 1 ( TRACK 1,PART 1,PATTERN 1,BANK B LFO 1 have default settings PB PITCH,TRI,1x,FREE,64,0) there is no note trigs ,then if i come back to PATTERN 1,BANK A,
then TRACK 1,LFO 1 parameters are still the ones from PART 1 ,PATTERN 1 ,BANK B ,
and if i execute FUNC +PART ,FUNC + EDIT and then SAVE ALL,
at this moment TRACK 1,PART1,PATTERN 1,BANK A,LFO 1 parameters are engaged

also this does not hapend when on TRACK 1,PART 1,PATTERN 1,BANK B there is a trig note,
then when i switch back next LFO 1 PAGE parameters are engaged as they should

in short - seems OT forgets to engage next LFO PAGE if previous PATTERN does not contains any notes on a given track

bests
k

There is an option for that :

LFO AUTO CHANGE will when checked make all LFOs automatically restart with any new LFO settings activated when changing to a pattern containing another part. If unchecked, the settings of the LFOs of the previous pattern/part will not be changed until trigs occur on the tracks of the new pattern. Activate and deactivate this setting by pressing [ENTER/YES].

3 Likes

hello

pleas read the post

also i forgot to mention that TRACK 1,PART 1,PATTERN 1,BANK B LFO 1 that i am switching to
have default settings PB PITCH,TRI,1x,FREE,64,0

Sorry I read too fast. There is also a problem with Silent Tracks AMP Release. I donā€™t know if it is relatedā€¦
support@elektron.se

no problem

that is why i even bothered to bother everyone because LFO AUTO CHANGE IS ON
and this thing occurs
thanks for replay

probably,since those two options are in one menu

i am writing to support@elektron.se right now
thanks
best
k

2 Likes

can you confirm LFO AUTO CHANGE problem that i brought as well?
i checked just now and it hapends just as i described yestarday,but prefer to have someone else confirm before writing to elektron

1 Like

I confirm that with a pattern change, different part, the lfo settings donā€™t change even with LFO AUTO CHANGE checked.

They change with a trig.

1 Like

thank you
k

1 Like

after performing SCENE A/B + CLEAR(PLAY) LEDs of tracks that owned scene data do not turns off,
change to other SCENE and then back,they are gone

The unit freezing with a USB cable connected is a real pain. I just upgraded my MK1 -> MK2 and it still occurs. Even with the OT connected directly to my computer (no hub, nothing else) it will freeze up in a matter of minutes if I leave a cable connected. There must be some poison pill USB message that does it. Iā€™m surprised no one at Elektron has been able to debug and fix it.

Donā€™t use an Apple. :content:
No reason to keep the USB cable plugged, unless you have a particular workflow ?

1 Like

Since USB is for file transfer only, there is no reason at all to leave the octatrack USB connected to anything.

1 Like

I have it setup in my studio. Itā€™s a tight space and not convenient to connect/disconnect USB every time I need to transfer files. I clean up samples and stems in the DAW and have to transfer often.

I agree that itā€™s not the end of the world, but then again, Itā€™s kind of silly that a $1K+ device has had such as basic bug existing for so long.

Thatā€™s probably a contentious opinion. Octatrack does flash a message at you saying, ā€œdisconnect USBā€ . Its not intended to stay connected, so there for its not a bug.

1 Like

Since day one I had the OT, it has been staying connected through USB to my Mac OS 10.12.
Never had an issue of freezingā€¦

Hello there
Just quick question
Does anybody have any idea if Elektron is planing to release update on OT OS?

Bests
K

We donā€™t know and if someone knows he/she will not tell.

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

FUNC + ARR opens Midi Sync menu (1.40A, OT MK2) with ~30% chance. Please Please Please fix this bug!

Fixed with 1.40B.

Ask Elektron.
support@elektron.se

5 Likes