Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Tried midi monitor or different device?

1 Like

Yeah several devices and cables

When I made the list it was using midi wrench. Literally just shows start and stop messages if track is set to those notes with a few trigs. Turn the note value to other notes and they appear on the monitor

@craig @darenager
If you have a moment. Would you mind seeing if this behaviour occurs on yours too?

Only one other person has mentioned it but itā€™s totally consistent on mineā€¦

1 Like

Sure thing. Right, so that one I can replicate. The C note gets held indefinitely when following your steps. Only happens on trig one (the C on trig 13 doesnā€™t exhibit the same behaviour). Bug confirmed!

2 Likes

Just worked out the two issues are related!

Any Cs you get to hang that way will become dead notes as far as the trackā€™s note parameter is concerned (At least for me!)

Yay I just killed all the Cs and Es by doing the latch-bug thing across all the octaves (you can also latch Es by holding down the C (trig 1) first and then tapping the E an octave up (page button))

This will persist across project and set changes. Power off clears it.

Earlier today I got a bunch of hanging notes using two tracks both set to channel 1 (only way to go for overlapping notes on an Octactrack). I was also using Arp. However they happened, those must have been the ones that ended up dead as far as the note parameter goes.

I think the OT has some hanging/latched notes problems (beyond just the chromatic trig one identified) which came in with 1.40, and after a note has latched it gets ignored on the Note parameter. Even after double stopping has stopped the note and even after changing projects/ sets. My bad for not powering off earlier, thinking a set change would be enough, but still I got to some kind of a logic behind those ignored notesā€¦

Now to decide whether to go back to multiple tracks with same channel and try to replicate the hanging notes issue behind all this. Or try to make music. Or go to bed lol

Anyone willing to try the latched note thing and then see if the same note(s) is/are ignored as default note parameter that would be much appreciated

4 Likes

Confirmed, latched notes wonā€™t trigger if set as note on note page. OT Mk1, OS 1.40A.

After notes are unlatched, everything seems to works fine again. I kept an eye on the midi monitor the whole time.

5 Likes

I can make a test tomorrow, but Iā€™d like a short list of required steps. :content:

Why did you said ā€œsubtracted L-R, completely canceledā€ that night?
Where were you ?

2 Likes

In chromatic mode, press and hold a trig, now also press the scale button. Whichever note you pressed wonā€™t send vel 0 (as note off) and if you enter this note on OTs note page, OT wonā€™t send the note if you enter a trig (without any note locked) and start the seq.
If you press the note again in chromatic mode, it will properly send vel 0 and everything will work as usual.

2 Likes

Thanks @Schnork @sezare56
Canā€™t get to OT for a while myself but will get steps too when I can as the behaviour on mine seems a bit different to @Schnork ā€˜s

1 Like

Not able to test for a few days, but I think we need to compile a list of confirmed bugs in a document at some point, it is getting hard to keep track of :laughing:

2 Likes

Together again :black_heart:

1 Like

I am happy for you, but just the cropped image of your smile is needed, no need for other information in that picture.

Thanks G, I was so excited I overlooked a stupid mistake

1 Like

(new?) bug report:

• Under certain circumstances, a recorder wonā€™t stop sampling or will sample twice the length set in the setup menu. This is quite random and happened after booting up the machine and loading a new project. By switching parts, it went back to normal behavior.

• Whenever changing bpm, a preconfigured slice grid gets ā€œcorruptedā€. This leads to new samples being inadequately sliced and played back incorrectly. The only solution I found was to delete the slice grid and create a new one every time after changing bpm. This sometimes happens when loading a project on boot as well.

• If a flex machine is playing back a buffer in reverse mode, it requires completing an additional sequencer cycle before starting playback in comparison to a parallel flex machine playing the same buffer forwards. This leads to a problem of not being able to play back the buffer instantly after the recording is finished.

• the display does not dim, it only turns off after a very long time.

There are chances youā€™re talking about slicing the record buffer. This is indeed well documented on this forum.

Not a bug per se, but it can be annoying indeed: relative slices would have been more appropriate in such case.

1 Like

Yes, that is correct, I was referring to pre-sliced recorder buffers. Sorry if I overlooked a previous post regarding this matter. It is easy to miss a post among an ocean of bug/issue reports :sweat_smile:

I would still categorize it as a bug, since it sometimes happens when loading a project after booting the OT, even though no bpm change occurred.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Always worth doing a empty reset after OS upgrade, but save project first, then when updated load the project.

ok I guess Iā€™ll do that. I just thought that if I saved and assigned a sample to the record buffer, I would not be able to use that buffer for future sampling duties. I donā€™t know though if my assumption is right.

To come back to normal, just clear the slot.
I must confess I havenā€™t tested this in ages, so my memories of it are pretty thin ^^