Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Sorry for the late reply, I’m a new member so the system didn’t allow me to send multiple replies within a day.

However, here’s the video showing the issue of Scene 2 unintentionally pointing to Scene 10:

Pls take note that I did the following to make sure it wasn’t just a one-in-a-million event:

• test mode
  • empty reset
  • reformat (64g sandisk extreme, new)

First part of trials (0:55s) show that when in A, pressing Scene 02 points to Scene 10. In B, this issue doesn’t exist.

Second part (1:23s) shows the workaround: holding Scene X and then activating Scene 2 gets the desired result of activating Scene 2.

Hopefully this can be resolved with a firmware update.

3 Likes

@TatakTekno I think this kind of button malfunction is a bug which only affects some units, from what I have seen reported before by other users, think it is probably to do with internal logic timing for switch reading, it seems that some units are affected and others are not, I checked both mine and they are ok. Also other users have reported other button combos not working - I assume that the 2 trig is working as expected in other scenarios? And did you test any other button combos?

A new firmware update will probably fix it, I don’t think it is a hardware problem, but as always see what support say.

2 Likes

Thank you! Really hoping for that solution as well, a firmware update one.

But yes, you assumed right - so far that’s the only instance Trigger 2 is acting strange. But please take note that I’m a week old into the OT, so I haven’t even explored a ton yet (just midi arps, scenes, crossfader, beat repeat).

As I’m trying to learn more about the OT, I’ll make sure to drop some notes here if in case I find other bugs (if I can even clearly wrap my head around those other functions of the OT).

Perfect video, clear and focused.
This doesn’t happen on mine neither.
Keep us posted with what the support tells you please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will do. Hoping for the best!

Has anyone noticed this? Slicing samples manually, I finish slicing. Then go to file, save sample settings. Then when I go to play the slices, one or two slices sound off. So I go back in and see that a couple of slices have start points moved. Seems random.

My OT is a Mk1. Single owner since 2015.
Never had this in my previous OS 1.3 . Updated to 1.4a yesterday.

@Darenager have you noticed this?

No not seen that one, static or flex or both?

I’m lazy though, so most of the time I create a slice grid to the nearest number or above, then move them if needed, and delete any unused slice points.

1 Like

Only tried static. Will test flex later. And also test auto slice (Which I pretty much never use since it seldom gets the zero crossing right anyway, I dont evenly space and tempo sync my chains, and Im just a bit odd) and get back to you.

It happens to me very often.
I thought it was because some starting points were before another slice end’s point.

Tested and confirmed. Only occurs when manually slicing, flex or static. Using auto slice doesnt seem to replicate error. Will send ticket.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, an update to the Scene 02 triggering Scene 10 issue. Got a reply from Elektron (see below). Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

"Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the video!

What you’re experiencing is due to a known firmware bug, and we are working on a fix for the next OS update. Rest assured that the issue isn’t with the actual hardware and that it will be fixed ​in firmware.

Best Regards,

Patrik - Elektron"

7 Likes

Oh, double good to know :yum:

2 Likes

Hi guys

Since 1.40a update my OT MK1 has a new comportment.
I play some flex machines with midi and arps are running on midi tracks.

Then I apply FX’s and ressample on other flex.

The problem which is kind of creative tool is that when I push function switch the sound is changing, it looks like the fx’s or maybe received from midi notes are reacting in some ways…

Did someone has the same function reaction ?

Thank you

It looks like the function button has influence on inputed our outputted notes

Do you mean pressing Fn button without touching anything else has an effect on the sound?
Do you see parameter values change on the screen?

Nop, nothing moving, I will take a look on midi page sending notes. In fact it’s changing something about notes sent. I will try to make a video. Without touching anything else

Do you have some midi cable on midi in ?

1 Like

Yes I use the midi update midi out to midi in, but the channels are nicely set. Only one channel mapped maptrack

So first remove the midi cable and ensure everything works as it should.

It is impacting incoming midi notes lol, on the last arp Param IMO (length)