Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

man, i totally missed 1.40B bugfix (Arr toggle misclick) is actually released. I don’t often manually check Elektron support page, but when I do, there’s an update for OT

2 Likes

I heard about it with @aarb420, but did Elektron announced it ?

1 Like

doesn’t seem like that.
I’m not surprised if they decided to keep it silent though, as this may be considered as insignificant update by some (most) users? ARR mode is not that popular I believe

1 Like

I also found it completely randomly a few days back.
But to be honest, they didn’t either announce it for the correction on the other machines 1.40B Digitakt / Digitone, and 1.20B Syntakt.
Positive thing, even though this update is not a major one, that still means people work on it, and I really do believe we will see another major update in the future.

Shouldn’t a new thread Octatrack OS 1.40B: bug reports be a thing, and retire 1.40A?

It gets worse

Trigless locks are ‘work done’ and they’re also ‘very Elektron’. Respect them with a ‘pattern occupied’ indicator plz Elektrom

4 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug but when in Trig Chromatic mode (as well as Track Chromatic mode) :
When you press [FUNC] it silences all the trigs on tracks. Trigs come from (in my case) an external sequencer (Torso T-1).
Not practical at all.
I was hoping to use my OT as DT but it seems not possible… Will have to figure out.

1 Like

Func + trigs in Chromatic mode = Trigless trigs with pitch value.

Seems to behave similarly with external midi notes.

3 Likes

Any updates on this? I’m having the same issue.

Spent 4 hours working on a new project last week, did a lot of testing to make sure it was working properly, and made half a dozen incremental saves while I was working, reloaded the final one to make sure it was OK.

Today when I loaded it, the thru machine on track 1 no longer passes audio to the main outputs. I can record the output of it on a track recorded, I can hear it when it’s cued (from the cue outputs) and I can hear all of the other tracks. The previous version of the project (which is almost identical, the only difference between it and the final version is that I set my default levels and cleared the sequences I was using to test it) works normally, even though the settings are identical.

Also with the final version of the project that isn’t behaving normally, when I start recording with a pickup machine the + indicator apears and I can see audio filling the record buffer if I look at it in the editor, but the PUM never starts playing and doesn’t respond to any of the controls on the front panel or via MIDI. It just keeps recoding in a loop forever without playing back and the only way to stop it is a hard reset. In the previous version of the project this also works normally.

EDIT: happened again this week, I’m pretty sure it’s because I had a record trig on track 8 that I was using with another scene. I could have sworn pickup machines ignored them, but it seems to put the PUM into permanent record and the only way to get it out was to delete the record trig, change machine types, change parts, change the part back, change the machine type back. Without that fullsequence I couldn’t get the PUM to actually work normally again - just deleting the trig didn’t do it. At any rate, I guess that makes it more user error than bug.

Been getting the ghost button presses. I’ll press arrow down to go thru samples, and it’ll just progress on its own to the end of the list, super fast. I only pressed it once, and the button didn’t stick.

:thinking:

I’m on 1.4 not 1.4a (which was only relevant to MKII according to the release notes) so maybe this isn’t an issue now, but I noticed the other day that when I save a part while audio is playing, the output goes from stereo to summed mono for about half a second during the save operation, and then returns to stereo.

Ive noticed slice start points are moving around. Ever so slightly. Seems random, sometimes it happens other times not.
Any one else noticed this?

Eg- i have a break saved, with slice points saved. I load the break, start sequencing, and notice it sounds off, I enter AED (flex) and see slice start points are not where I put them.

Ive been noticing this behaviour for quite a while, but keep forgetting to report it.
@sezare56 @darenager can you confirm?

I’ve never noticed that.
AFAIK Slice settings are stored with slots and project, and you can save sample settings in Attributes (settings can be reloaded, but if you change settings, they are maintained with slots).

I don’t think it is related, but I’d check if part save / reload can induce that…

Yeah I always save the sample attributes after slicing. So then when ever I load that sample, the slices are already there.

Happened today in a fresh project.

Edit: the movement is really small, like, every slice will be ever so slightly off.

Have not noticed it here, but I will keep an eye open for it, just to confirm any midi in connected?

No midi in.

It would be interesting to check and write faulty slice start values in AED, in order to compare them with saved values.

Do you use Flex or Static ?
Same behavior with both ?

if youve got a thru track on

-double click SRC (select a machine menu)
-go onto your flex or static slot list
-press no to back out
-double click SRC again

it reverts to thru so you get an empty ghost menu to back out of by pressing left. like what would be the “slots list” for a thru machine but its obviously unpopulated and you shouldnt be able to access it. should put an easter egg in there

about sending midi cc #61 Send request, 0 = all audio CC

if you change pattern with different part and also params
OT will NOT update request table for particular track until there is trigger on track…
so if you change pattern&part and requested for params table ,new values will not be sent for particular track if there is no trigger on track
instead old values will be send for that track with no trigger

maybe this is related to LFO AUTO CHANGE bug