Octatrack music that wishes it was deep, soulful, microhouse

Made this on the Octatrack :

Aims to be deep, soulful, microhouse but I cringe to write those words as it is far off the mark. Improvised so various “problems”. Octa sequences DX100 and Minitaur (which is nearly inaudible due to my poor recording technique).

3 Likes

Listened to this in the morning after waking up. The first half is nice and mellow, middle portion gets nice and glitchy with the percussion, then returns to the mellow. Helped me ease into my morning. Nice track! I think a nice, deep bassline would add a nice element to the rhythm. It would be easy to implement underneath what you have.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Today I’ll try to resuscitate the minitaur bass which was supposed to fill that role.

Ohh, maybe I couldn’t hear the bass on my smartphone speaker. Will give another listen later, apologies!

I really like it!

1 Like

No, you are correct. The bass is nearly inaudible. Need to re-mix it.

1 Like

That’s a good thing because the music is already good! The bass line will undoubtedly make it great

We could start a microgenre of bassless house instead. All high-end! No annoying low frequencies! Sounds great when you’re on the bus or train!

1 Like