Octatrack MKII Tutorials - The Messy Desk

For anyone looking for MKII tutorials on the Octatrack I highly recommend The Messy Desk on YouTube. Dude is hilarious and makes the Octatrack entertaining.

I was sceptical whether to get one after a deal on ebay fell through. But I just copped one on the Black Friday deal at Andertons and I’m looking forward to it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOuWlWzbftuEQQN-nD6xk1Q

5 Likes

wait there’s black friday deals on the octatrack? I’ve been eyeing it for a while…

1 Like

BAX is the cheapest which I found out too late. They have 7.5% off with the code BF2020 but andertons are doing triple loyalty points on your next purchase so technically bax was only £20 cheaper

I just started watching the Messy Desk OT videos and you’re right, these are funny and easy to watch.

2 Likes

Not calling you out but Andertons haven’t got an Octatrack on todays deals?? I only know because i’ve looked and rang them if they had one under the usual price.

1 Like

Triple loyalty points was their deal, £30 off next purchase

Ah that makes sense. Make sure they add them though. They didn’t add mine for the Prophet Rev 2 2000 points. I had to phone to tell them.

1 Like

Why? Please explain.
I found it more scary than hilarious.
I may be wrong, if you got better examples of Octadad… :grimacing:

6 Likes

Sure. It wasn’t just mainly about finding a lot of content for the OT MKII on his channel but how he delivers the content.

I’m very impatient and usually click off a video if it gets too dull so he kept me coming back for more and I’ve gone through several of his videos.

I was tentative about jumping in and trying the OT again but his content gave me some reassurance on a lot of different aspects and suddenly it didn’t seem too daunting.

This workflow video is a good example

Ok. Sorry but I couldn’t stand below video so I’m pretty sure that it will be the case for others.
Octadad? Talking about it’s tv life with its girlfriend? :grimacing:

For pink nails during 40 minutes , for sure. :pl:

9 Likes

Big fan of “The Messy Desk” - I generally find Daniel’s videos entertaining and informative.

I’ve seen comments on YT from people who don’t like his “American” humor, and I would agree that maybe it’s not for everyone. However, one of the best facets of YT is you can find multiple channels covering any topic, and the best ones have a distinct personality…each suiting a different audience’s taste.

1 Like

If he stayed on topic it wouldn’t be bad. But he tries a bit too hard to be funny and it puts me off. Also, i don’t think this is American humor. Trying too hard to be liked is universal. But to put a positive spin on it, he’s putting something out in the world. That’s cool.

10 Likes

You guys are being too hard on the Octadad. He’s by far the most entertaining way to learn about your Octatrack.

12 Likes

My problem with these type of negative comments about Youtubers is that YouTube is not a school or a place where you guarantee to find lessons(it’s not like Skillshare for example) so I don’t get why people pretend so much and feels they can judge someone’s video.
They don’t own you anything and they don’t have to do anything. A lot of Youtubers are genuinely there to share their knowledge but that doesn’t mean they need to have a study plan or something.

I see it more as if my friend show me something: some friends are serious and focused, some waist time in details, some try to be funny, some do absolutely nothing.
But in any way I would thank my friend because without asking is trying to help me.

Also we’re fans of the OT so let’s embrace diversity instead of pretending they’re standardised YouTubers :slight_smile:

9 Likes
  • I appreciated him being honest about his life and mental health issues
  • I don’t appreciate him calling himself smart every four minutes, especially if he’s braggingly hinting at critical theory / equality and emancipation issues a minute later
  • I like that there’s more content about OT :slight_smile:

But it’s a person putting themselves out there for something they care about, which I appreciate, so I believe we should try to not be haters, like people said it’s free for each person to choose to watch it or not:) Not aimed at anyone here, I’m just in a fase of my life where I’m trying to lose my judgemental nature, I wanna appreciate what I appreciate instead of hate on the stuff I don’t.

4 Likes

This is definitely American :wink:

2 Likes

No hate, but Octatrack is no joke! :content:
Well, I think watching a 16 minutes video about how to make a slide is a waste of time. And I’d watch something else to have fun.

8 Likes

Octadad :scream:
Octaclown :clown_face:
All good, not for me.

2 Likes

Wise man!

tbh I jumped randomly in the video I saw the same page for 16 mins and I didn’t watch it :smiley: but still not hate for him I just don’t consider him lol

1 Like

No hate at all. Maybe a little of pity, as I’d have for a confident teacher that knows less than me…

Slides : 9 lines in OT manual.

5 Likes