Octatrack MKII Slicing help please

okay… i DID read the manual… multiple times. and NO not just the “quick start guide”
I’m a stickler for RTFM so please those who are going to immediately go there, just don’t even waste your time typing out your little condescending advice :wink:

I’m new to Elektron gear in general and i came into this knowing things would be “different” than most other hardware gear as far as programming the thing goes so i made sure i prepared myself the best that i could, from reading up on all relevant materials to watching hours and HOURS of videos before i even had the things delivered.

I’ve got the Digitakt and an Octatrack MKII and only 2 - 3 weeks total time hands on 90% of that in the Digitakt.
i’m sorry if i offend anyone whos clearly just a god with these units ;D
I’m a mere pleblord fanboy mortal compared to the almighty Elektronaut GODS… begging for you to bestow upon me grand blessings of slicy mc’goodness :smiley:

nice, now that we got that bit out of the way.

How do i get the slices i play in live recorded to actually fallow the ENV i program for it?
for instance i would like to play a melodic line from slices of a more ambient sample i’ve recorded and chopped up but no matter what setting i set for the ENV or slice settings seem to result in recordings that dont retain the actual time i held each trig down during the recording process.

I’ve bee racking my brain on this all night and YES i have searched the forums hoping for a solution to no avail.

Im sure its some simple setting iv’e missed. I’m laying in the slices in the “slices” “Trig Mode” if that helps at all.

Hello. I’m not OT god but I think it’s just not possible.
Unlike the DT which record note lenght in live rec, the OT just doesnt do that. I think it work in midi mode, but not for sample play. Sorry.

1 Like

From the OT god:

As @blaize the messiah said, it’s not possible.
HOLD time should be recorded / lock to the trig as Pitch.

I recommend you to ask Elektron Gods, the more will ask, the more it will be a priority for next update imho.

feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

thank you all for clearing things up for me.
i guess for now i’ll have to use trig locks and the sort on each individual hit after recording them in.
I will try out the suggestion of recording them in via MIDI and see if that yields me the results i need.
again, much appreciate you guys input on this.

Should work…