Octatrack MKII simultaneous sound from Scenes A and B

Hello! This is probably a noob question but somehow it appears that when I lock something for the Scene B it still sounds when crossfader is on the Scene A. Any thoughts what could be done wrong here? I also noticed that the crossfader animation shows that it’s not completely faded to the left while I’m using Scene A and when I slide it to the Scene B - the crossfade pointer is set all the way to the right.

Start in test mode ( hold [FUNC] while booting ), then calibrate crossfader.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer! Can you please also point out how do exactly I can calibrate the crossfader while in the test mode?

Choose test mode, then hold func + scene b. Move crossfader.

One reason can be that you are using the same scene (1-16) for both crossfader positions.

No, it’s not the root cause, Scene 1 is used for A and Scene 9 for B

I did the calibration, right now I can see the animation is fixed, I noticed that for A it was around Step 5-6. The issue is less audible now but it still persists, also I noticed when during calibration process I move crossfader to the left while FUNC + A it lights up LEDs 1 (yellow and a bit brighter) and 2 (red) and when I do so for the FUNC + B to the right only 16th knob lights up with green, is that ok?

From time to time I’m able to get green light on the Scene 1 during calibration, but when I load in normal mode Scene B is still a bit audible when the crossfader is on Scene A. I tried compressed air to clean up the dust although I use the decksaver and it shouldn’t be an issue, but nothing helps. I posted the support ticket.

What about cheating during calibration?
Block the crossfader from full position, so that after calibration it’s easier to reach full position.
Do you get what I mean ?

OT MKII?

Yes, OT MKII and yes, I tried cheating during calibration, it does help to get the green light on the Step 1, but when OT loads up in normal mode - the issue is still audible :frowning:

Maybe I’m missing something and I need to Save/Confirm the calibration results somehow?

1 Like

One more thing worth mentioning is that from time to time when I enter the Test mode - the Crossfader acts like it’s reverted

The temporary workaround I see here is to use Scene A for effects and Scene B for initial state, it works fine this way.